f o u r t y s i x

We arrived back at the house at nearly midnight, and most of the crowd had cleared, leaving just the other three boys. "Let me see, let me see!" Luke had a giant smile on his face as he stood, rushing over to Michael to look at his tattoo. "To the Moon? Awesome."

"Does it mean you'll love Josie to the moon and back?"

Michael laughed. "I love Josie, but I'm sorry, darling, I wouldn't get a tattoo for you. At least not yet."

I nodded. "Same here." 

"It's really badass though, Mikey. I love it."

"I love you too," Michael said, hugging me to his chest. "I think we should call it a night though. I'm tired."

Luke sighed. "Fine. But don't forget this epic night of partying!"

I laughed and said goodnight to the boys, getting back into Michael's car, this time in the driver's seat. "I've had less to drink than you, I'm driving."

Michael nodded, grabbing my hand. "Wanna stay the night?"

"Sure," I said, starting the short drive to Michael's place. "You'll tell me about the tattoo tomorrow morning though."

"Your arm is so soft," Michael said, running his hand up and down my bare arm. "Do you moisturise?"

I laughed. "You're so drunk now...how much have you had to drink tonight?"

"I think like six hundred," Michael said, kissing my shoulder. "You're a very pretty girl."

I blushed. "Thank you Michael. We're here now. Let's get you to bed." We got out of the car and I brought him to his bedroom. "Take off your shirt."

Michael's cheeks turned bright red. "I knew you only loved me for my body."

I laughed. "Jeez, Michael. Stop. I'm trying to put you to sleep."

"Will you kiss me first?" Michael leaned forwards, puckering his lips. I sighed and kissed him quickly, grabbing the hem of his shirt and pulling it forcefully over his head.

"Alright, Michael Gordon Clifford--"

"It's Mike-Ro-Wave to you, miss."

"Mike-Ro-Wave, it's time to sleep." I pulled down the bedsheets and he climbed in, getting himself comfortable. I shut off the light and climbed in after him, lying down so that we faced each other.

Michael put his hand on my cheek and kissed my lips softly. "I really do love you, Josie. I really do."

"I love you too, Michael." And then I closed my eyes, falling asleep quickly.