t h i r t y s i x

We sat in Mikey's bed, his laptop balanced somewhat precariously on our legs. We were watching videos posted by Pewdiepie, who I'd never watched before.

As this Pewdiepie guy started screaming, I felt laughter overtake my body, uncontrollable laughter that made my sides hurt. Mikey, finding some sort of sick amusement in this, began tickling me, his hands running up and down my sides as I screamed in a fit of laughter, gasping for air.

"MICHAEL, STOP IT!! I CAN'T BREATHE!"

Michael took his hands off of me, and I sat up, taking in deep breaths. Once I felt like I could breathe normally again, his hands were back on me, causing even more laughter. I tried batting his hands away, but he refused, instead pinning my hands above my head.

"Your laugh is adorable," Michael said.

Suddenly, there was a sound that made the two of us jump. "What was that?" I wriggled out from under Michael's grasp, sitting up.

He looked at the door to his bedroom, which was covered in band posters. "Probably my sister."

I frowned. "You've got a sister?"

He shook his head. "No, I don't. I'm an only child."

I grabbed his hand, staring at the door. "Then who's here?"

Footsteps sounded through the quiet house. We both moved back, I pulled the covers over my head and stopped breathing as I heard the door fly open.

"MICHAEL!"

I recognised the voice immediately. "Lucifer?"

As I sat up, Luke's cheeks went bright red. "I didn't walk in on anything, did I?"

I shook my head. "No, you didn't."

Luke smirked. "Liar."

"I'm not lying!!"

"The colour of your cheeks shows me you are."