t h i r t y f i v e

I woke up with my head on Michael's chest as it slowly rose and fell. His hand rested on the top of my head as small breaths escaped his lips.

"Mikey..." I reached up and squished his cheeks. He screwed up his face and then opened an eye.

"What time is it?"

I laughed, laying down even more so my head was on his lap. "Late. One in the morning."

Michael groaned, stretching his arms. "I should go home soon."

I looked at him for a moment, staring into his eyes. "Mikey?"

"Yes, Josie?"

"Can we go to your house?"

His cheeks turned red. "W-what?"

I laughed, sitting up. "No, Michael. Not like that. I just don't really want to stay here with my mom being the way she is--"

"Yeah. Alright." He stood and pulled his shoes on, stretching. He held out his hand for me which I took gratefully.

As Mikey was headed out the door, I grabbed his wrist. "Michael!"

He turned. "Wha--"

I threw my arms around him, burying my face in his neck. "Thank you," I said, my voice muffled by his skin. I then began giggling.

"What?"

I laughed and pulled away to look into his eyes. "It's stupid."

He shook his head. "Nothing can be more stupid than me choosing to date Chelsea. Go on, say it."

I smirked, reaching up to mess with his hair. "You smell really good."

He laughed. "You were right. That is stupid." My face fell. "It's a good kind of stupid, you idiot."

I laughed at his comment, grabbing his hand. "Alright, let's go, Mikey."