f i f t y s e v e n

"So, tell me again. The guy with the red hair is..."

"Michael."

"And the half-Asian one?"

"That's Calum. He's actually not Asian."

"Who's the one with the weird tongue?"

"That would be Luke. He dressed up as Miley Cyrus."

"And this one? Is that your boyfriend?"

I laughed. "No, grandma. That's Ashton. He's best friends with my boyfriend. My boyfriend, Michael, has red hair."

"Red hair! Oh, my grandchildren are going to look like the rainbow, aren't they..."

"Grandma, calm down. We haven't even talked about marriage yet."

"You haven't?"

We have. "No!"

"Then what is the point of this...relationship? I don't approve. If his ultimate goal isn't putting a ring on your finger, then I don't know what you're doing with him."

I knew this was a bad idea. "Grandma, calm down, please. We did talk about marriage a couple times."

"And?"

"I think we're both a bit too young to think about that now. Michael's career is really taking off, he's got two albums out with his band."

"What are they called again? The summer lilies?"

I stifled a laugh. "Close. 5 Seconds of Summer."

"I almost got it."

"Yes, of course grandma."

"You're not too young to get married, Josie. I got married when I was twenty years old, and started having children at twenty one."

Oh, Lord.

"Grandma, would you like a sandwich?"

"Ham and cheese, please."