t h i r t y e i g h t

"I'll miss you guys," I said, sitting in the van between Michael and Calum.

"It's only a week, it'll go by before you know it," Ashton responded. "The moment we get back, we'll all take you out for coffee."

I laughed, patting Ashton's shoulder. "Yeah, I know it's not that long, but I will miss you all."

"We're here," Liz, Luke's mother said.

We all got out and the boys grabbed their bags, walking into the airport.

"Well, I can't believe it," Luke said, "we actually made it."

"I can't believe it either," Ashton remarked.

"Calum, you're being awfully quiet. What's up?"

He sighed and looked up at me. "Do you ever feel...weird that things are going so fast? I just feel like I can't catch up with the world right now."

I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tight to me. "It'll all be okay. I promise."

The rest of the boys joined the hug, a mass of people in the airport just blocking the way, but we didn't care.

"Oh, Josie! We got you a present!"

Luke handed me a small box covered with wrapping paper. I tore off the grey paper only to find "Another layer of wrapping paper?"

With a chuckle, Luke motioned for me to keep opening the present. I did so, and revealed another layer. "I hate all of you."

"Oh, hush." Calum said, a smirk on his lips.

I tore at the paper, finally revealing a small ticket stub.

"Is this--" I read the words on the ticket. "OH MY GOD!"

I took the ticket and held it to my heart, smiling profusely. "I love all of you."

They all smiled, each boy hugging me individually.

When Michael came up to me, the other boys walked away, going towards the terminal.

"Hey," Michael said, seeing me start to tear up. "It's okay."

"No. I'm not sad, Mikey." I smiled at him.

"But you're crying..."

I laughed, my hand resting on his cheek. "Just because I'm crying doesn't mean I'm sad, Michael." I smirked. "I'm proud of you guys. I'm happy crying."

Michael placed his hands on my shoulders. "I'm proud of you too."

"For what, Michael?"

He smiled. "I don't know, I just am."

I laughed. "Will you save me some pizza?"

"Yeah, fine."

He hugged me and I breathed in his cologne, feeling his chest against my head. "I'll miss you the most, Mr. Scarecrow," I said, tugging at his shirt. "Don't be long."

Michael kissed the top of my head and then let go. "Our flight is leaving now. I've got to go. I'll see you soon."

He turned to walk away, and I grabbed the hem of his shirt. "Mikey!"

He stopped in his tracks and I hugged him from behind, my arms wrapped around his waist. "Josie?"

I began sobbing into the back of his shirt. "Don't go."

He turned around to look me in the eyes. His thumbs gently wiped my tears away as I took in deep breaths. "Josie...what's wrong?"

I whimpered and looked into the green eyes that belonged to this blue haired boy. "I heard you talking last night. Is it true?"

He smiled. "I mean, I guess it is...do you feel the same way?"

I laughed happily and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Yeah."

He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine, kissing me with as much passion as they do in the movies. I leapt up, wrapping my legs around his waist as my heartbeat quickened. I felt him laugh and smiled, pressing my forehead to his.

"Hey, Romeo! Do you want to miss your flight?" We both turned to see Calum, waving his arms sporadically. "Come on!"

I sighed, kissing Michael one last time. "I'll see you soon, yeah?"

Michael nodded. "I'll miss you, kitten."