e p i l o g u e 3

I sat straight up in bed, my heart pounding. A hand quickly reached up to my shoulder. "Josie...what are you doing?"

I looked down at Michael, who was looking at me through half-closed eyes. "You didn't hear it?" I shifted positions to face him. "The thunder?"

Michael shook his head, pulling me back down to rest with him. "It's just thunder, Josie. It's alright."

I felt a tear escape my eye. "It still frightens me though, Mikey."

Michael nodded, placing his hand on my cheek and slowly moving his thumb to run across my lips. "I know, Kitten, I know."

I let my hand rest on his chest, my fingers tapping his collarbone. "Sorry for waking you up."

His eyes opened a little more, finally a bit awake. "As long as the kids are asleep, it's fine with me."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

He chuckled, his raspy voice sending chills down my spine. "When is the last time we've been alone, Josie? For real, though. I feel like there's always a kid that needs your attention or something."

I sighed. "You're the one that wanted 'enough kids for a football team," Michael."

"Well..." He sighed. "If I can barely spend time with you with three kids, I don't want any more. In fact, let's sell them--"

I pushed Michael. "Don't even joke about that, Gordon."

Michael just smirked, biting his lip. "Sorry, kitten. I love our kids. You know I absolutely adore Autumn..." He kissed my neck, "and Storm..." another kiss, "and Blaze."

I sighed, situating myself just a bit closer to the now blonde boy. "And...?"

He paused in confusion. "And...?"

"Yeah. Autumn, Storm, Blaze, and..."

Michael's jaw dropped. "You're not..."

"Michael, you're forgetting someone."

"But how?"

I groaned. "Me, you idiot."

Michael pouted. "I thought you were telling me you were pregnant again..."

I laughed. "You adore our kids, and..."

Michael twisted awkwardly, pointing to the tattoo. "To the moon and back, kitten. I love you to the moon and back."

I smiled, leaning forward to kiss Michael's cheek. With ninja-like speed, Michael moved his head to the side, making my lips meet his own. "Smooth moves, Clifford," I said, giggling.

Michael rolled his eyes, his forehead meeting mine. His breath was minty and warm. "But when was the last time we made out?"

I laughed, suddenly self-conscious of my own breath.
"I don't even know...hey, can I just go--" I tried to push myself up off the bed but Mikey's arms quickly wrapped around me and kept me in place.

"Stop it. You smell like toothpaste." He paused. "And...vanilla?" He smirked, climbing on top of me. "Are you wearing the perfume I got you for your birthday?"

Slowly reaching my hands up to play with his hair, I nodded. "Yes, sir."

Mikey leaned down and kissed my cheek, a proud smile on his face. "That makes me so happy, kitten," he said as he moved his mouth close to my ear, his breathy voice sending chills through my body.
His lips pressed to my neck and I shuddered, my hands pressing against his bare back. "I really missed you, kitten...I like it when you give me your attention." He connected our lips in a long, sweet kiss.