f o u r t y o n e

"Josie!" I heard my name and turned to see a head of blonde hair running towards me. "Josie, Josie! You have no clue how much we missed you!"

Ashton was the next to come around the corner. "Ah!" He threw his arms around me in a big bear hug. "I saw you in the audience, Jos. You looked happy."

"How could I be unhappy?" I laughed, ruffling Ashton's hair. "You guys were all there, living your dream!"

Calum then peeked his head around the corner, motioning for me to come back to wherever he was. I walked over and saw him pacing slowly behind a small corner. "Cal? What's wrong?"

He sighed. "Mikey. He's really upset."

"What?" My heart fell. "About what?"

"He keeps saying, 'I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot.'"

I pushed past him and walked into the dressing room, where Michael was standing, shirtless. "Mikey."

Michael turned around, his face beet red. "You've got purple hair now."

I nodded. "What's up? Calum told me you weren't feeling right."

He frowned. "I'm a complete and utter idiot. Of course I should have realised--"

"Michael, there is no way in hell that you're an idiot. Why would you even say that?"

"The song." He sat down, looking at his feet. I noticed how long his eyelashes were and smiled. "I didn't think it through."

"The song was incredible, Mikey. Is that how you really feel?"

He shook his head. "No...yes...I don't know. I can't think straight, Josie, I just think about how incredible it would be to have you feel the same way as me..."

I laughed, causing Michael to look up as well. He frowned, and looked as though he was on the verge of tears. "Mikey...I think I'm in love with you."

Suddenly, a small smile began to appear on his lips. "Are you serious?"

I nodded. "I mean, I think so. I've never been in love with anyone before."

He laughed. "I'm happy. I'm so happy, Josie."

"I missed you so much Mikey."

He stood and picked me up, planting small kisses on my cheeks, forehead, and nose. His lips were warm and soft against my face, giving me the chills. I giggled, wrapping my legs around his waist and kissing him on the lips as he gently pushed me against the wall. I ran my hands through his hair, knocking his snapback off his head. 

Soon, his lips were on my neck as I leaned my head back, harsh breaths escaping my mouth. 

"Michael, Josi--" A scream sounded throughout the room. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!"

Michael laughed and gently set me down on the floor, kissing my jaw one last time. "It's alright, Ashton. We'll be right out." The door closed and Michael began laughing, the sound was music to my ears.

"I love you, Josie."

"I love you too, Mikey."