f o u r t y s e v e n

I sat across the table from Luke as he held a cigarette between his fingers. He lit it and breathed in, and I watched him intently. "Would you like one?" He asked, offering the cigarette to me.

"No thank you," I responded, shaking my head vigorously. "I'm not into that kind of thing."

Luke nodded. "Alright, yeah. Wait, do you know the passcode to Michael's phone?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and hesitated. "Yes, I do. Why?"

"Mikey keeps getting these texts from an unknown number and I want to know what they say. Can you unlock the phone please?"

I did as he asked, and Luke looked through the texts, his face suddenly falling. "What is it, Luke?"

Luke shook his head and looked away, locking the phone. "Nothing's wrong. Why do you ask? I'm not hiding anything."

I held out my hand. "Give me the phone, Lucifer."

"That's not even my name!" He threw the phone across the room, and thankfully, it landed on the couch. I got up and ran over to it, picking up the cell phone. "No, Josie, don't look at it...it's an invasion of his privacy."

"You hypocrite, don't you say that to me."

I unlocked the phone and read through the messages, my heart dropping.

'Hey baby, I had a great time last night xx'

'Wanna come over again? I've got more of that stuff you like'

And the worst:

'You should really dump that ugly slut Josie, Mikey. I miss your--'

I felt tears falling down my cheeks. "I'm gonna fucking kill that boy."