f i f t y e i g h t

"How many days until you're back?"

"Two months, love. Just two months. What are you doing today?"

"I'm going to go out shopping with Bryana and Joy."

"Who?"

"Michael, have you been living under a rock?"

"Who is Bryana?"

I groaned. "Ash's girlfriend...remember? She was at your birthday party...?"

"Yes! I remember!" I heard the sound of him slapping his forehead. "Sorry, I haven't slept much."

"Me neither," I replied, truthfully. "It's lonely without you."

"Aw. What do you think of Sounds Good, Feels Good?"

I smirked, holding the CD in my hands. "Is it bad if I bought the entire shelf at the CD store?"

"How many did you buy, Josie?"

"Only about 30. One's in my car."

"Save some for everyone else, woman!"

I laughed. "Never!"

Michael's voice suddenly dropped to a softer tone, as he whispered, "I miss you. A lot."

I smiled. "I miss you too, Mikey-poo."

"Why are you calling me that? You've never called me that."

"Thought I'd try it out, I guess."

"Don't, please."

I checked the clock. Bryana would be here in a few minutes. "Oh, Michael. I got you a gift. It's nothing big, but I think you'll like it."

Michael was silent, and I knew he was smiling like a dope. "You're the best. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I don't know what I'd do without me either."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Hey, Josie!"

"Oh, Michael, Bryana is here. I have to go."

"Oh, alright. Will you be available to call in...maybe eight hours?"

That was two in the morning here. "Yeah, I will." There were a few moments of silence, and then I said, "I love you, Michael."

"I love you too."

I hung up and smiled. Only two months left until Michael was home for good...or at least a while, until his next tour.

"Hey, Bryana!" I gave her a hug. "Joy will meet us at the mall, alright?"

She nodded. "What is that behind you?"

I turned and saw the ridiculous stack of
CDs. "Oh, I don't know what came over me, I just wanted to support the boys."

She giggled. "You did more than that, Josie."

I smiled sheepishly and then pointed at the car like an imbecile. "To the transportation vehicle!"

"You're just like Michael," she said, smirking.