f o u r t y t h r e e

I sang into my hairbrush microphone as I waited for Michael to come out of the shower. My hair was up in a ridiculous bun that made me look like a rooster, and I bobbed my head to the beat as I shouted the lyrics out into the room.

I was so into the music that I didn't even notice Michael walking into the room, his quiet footfalls drowned out by the music. In fact, I didn't notice him until he had me in his arms, and was throwing me--literally throwing me like a football--onto the bed. I shrieked and went completely stiff, shooting my arms and legs straight out like a starfish. 

Michael laughed, a loud cackle that made me angrier than ever. "Do you think this is funny?" I stood up on the bed, only to hear another loud crack as the other leg gave out. I fell to the floor and screamed, soon laughing hysterically.

"You broke the damn bed again, Josie!"

I giggled, using the bed as a slide as I slowly slid to the floor, taking the covers with me. "Oh, save me, I need a superhero!"

Michael chuckled, shaking his head. "I can't save you without a superhero name, I hope you realise that."

I groaned. "So high maintenance. Oh, Mike-Ro-Wave, save me!"

He frowned. "Seriously? That's the best you can do?"

I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Mhm." 

Michael's arms snaked around my hips and he leaned down, pressing a kiss to my nose. "I literally just took a shower, Josie, don't do this to me."

"I think I'm going to take a shower," I said, walking towards the bathroom door. Michael closely followed, but I slammed the door in his face, laughing. "Not this time, Mikey!"