Chapter 5

Tris POV

It's a quiet car ride there. I would have figured he would say something but it's been 10 minutes and he hasn't said anything yet. I look out the window, they city really has changed so much since the last time I been here. I try to keep myself mentally busy, I just can't help but feeling guilty about everything.

Tobias POV

I'm still very angry with her. How could she do this to me? How could she even think about moving on? I try to relax myself but I keep getting angry about so many things. How she faked her own death, how she took my memories away, how she was with another man. I sneak a look over at her, she's looking out the window. I wonder what she's thinking of, does she feel bad for the things she's done? I look forward and keep driving. Will we be able to mend our relationship.... Does she still want to even be with me?

I speed when I think of that question, to be without her.... I just can't. I slow down because I don't want to wreck the car, I still love her so much. Even after everything we've been through, I want to be with her. Having to live that year in a half without her made me realize how much I need her in my life. She came to see me, she broke the rules and saw me instead of everyone else. Yeah she was with someone else... but she was under the impression she wasn't going to see me ever again. Could I be understanding?

I look at her again, she's still staring at the window. I can't help but notice how beautiful she is, that the time away didn't do anything negative to her. She's the most beautiful woman I ever seen. I love her so much.... Before I can second guess myself I hold out my hand to her, she's still looking out the window though. Once she looks over at me she looks surprised at first but then takes my hand. I start to feel better immediately, her presence always relaxed me. I keep my eyes on the road while I hold her hand, I'm so tempted to kiss her again. To tell her to forget the whole thing happened and just for us to go back to normal.

We arrive at Caleb's apartment, I pull into the parking lot and park the car. We sit there for a little bit, our hands still together. I look over and she's looking at me, I still see the Tris I fell in love with. I also see a woman who had everything taken away from her, I see a woman who appeared in my dreams. "So tell me....." I stop myself, I shouldn't have this conversation now with her. I should wait till the both of us are alone, so if things go negative then I'll be in the privacy of my own apartment.

She squeezes my hand, I can feel a burst of energy run through my veins. She can never fail to make me feel better when I feel like crap. I shake my head, what am I going to do with her? I lean back in my seat and sigh, covering my face with my free hand.

"Tobias...." She starts.

I raise my hand to stop her, "Do you still love me Tris, just tell me now..." I take a breath in, if she doesn't love me anymore I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I wanted her all this time, I wished for her to come back so many times... and if she comes back and doesn't want to be with me..... I just don't know.

"I love you so much Tobias."

I sigh a breath of relief, I look at her. "I love you too Tris."

1.14.16