Chapter 19

Tris POV

    Amar and Bruno. Right in front of me, now looking at me. I jump off the couch and get behind it, what are they doing here? "Tris calm down! Calm down Tris! It's okay!" They both start yelling at me, I can't believe it. They shouldn't be here, I can't go back. I back up against a wall, feeling a sharp pain in my chest. "What are you guys doing here? You shouldn't be here..."

    I try to control my breathing, I don't know why I'm freaking out but I am. I can't get over everything, the scared feeling... I think Caleb calls if Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Yeah, that sounds just about right. "Tris please sit down and relax, we are just here to talk." Bruno says. I look at him and shake my head, "Go stand over by the trash can." They look at each for a moment but reluctantly walk over to create more distance between us. I slowly walk over and sit down on the couch, deep breathing.

    "Why.... Why now.... What do you guys want with me?" They are about to start talking when I interrupt them, "I need Four here, he needs to be here with me so we can have this talk." Amar speaks up, "This won't take long Tris, we just need to have a talk-" I interrupt him again, "Where's Elena? Why is it just you guys?" Bruno speaks up, "Elena is actually on a date, Amar here finally hooked her up. She sends her love." Bruno nudges Amar and they both smile and laugh. They look back at me, "We came here to talk about the Bureau."

    I just shake my head, "I don't want to talk about it now, Tobias needs to be here with me." Bruno starts stepping closer, "Tris... come on. You trust us too, you knew you had we had to come back and talk to you." I stand up, "Stay over there, I need to be here right now. I'm.... I don't know. I just know I need to be with people in Chicago." Amar slowly steps forward, "Tris, you knew this was going to happen. Don't freak out or anything, we're just here to talk."

    I take another step back, I don't want to talk to them right now. Especially when I'm all alone. What happens if they try to erase everyone's memory and take me again? I can't leave.... I can't leave Tobias. I know I should trust Amar and Bruno... but right now I just can't. A noise takes me out of my train of thought and I look over and see the door opening. Tobias.

3.3.16