Chapter 47

Tobias POV

    I hold her in my arms, her eyes have closed. "TRIS.... TRIS WAKE UP NOW.... WAKE UP TRIS!" I yell at her, I shake her a little to try to wake her up. Just make one sound, any sound, a sound so I can know you are still with me. She doesn't make any noise, doesn't move around at all. I hold her tight in my arms and I start breaking down. "Please Tris wake up, wake up for me please." I kiss her forehead and hold her close to me, how do I bring her back?

    I look over at the gun laying on the floor, the thought quickly runs through my head. If she can't come back to me it's the quickest way to get to her. The thought is quickly interrupted when medics quickly run into the room. They quickly pull me away from her and start working on her, I try getting closer to her but they keep pulling me farther and farther away. I get up and wipe my eyes, everything going numb now. I look over at Christina and Caleb and see them crying, Abeni is looking down while Bruno is staring at the wall. I start walking out of the room when Amar stops me. "Four you need to get your shoulder looked at." I look at my arm, I honestly forgot I was shot. I shake my head, "They need to focus on her, I'm just going to be outside."

    I start walking again when Amar gets a medic for me. They are wheeling Tris out the room and I run along with them, I can't let her out of my sight. My medic is chasing after me telling me to stop running, that I need to go to a separate room. That's when 3 guys surround me and I see them take Tris to a different room, she's going to have to have emergency surgery. I didn't even get to say goodbye... this could be it and I didn't get to say goodbye. I follow my medic and he starts tending to my wound, I don't feel it anymore but they say it isn't that bad. I ignore everything and just try to block everything out.

    They release me back and guide me to a room where everyone is at. Bruno is back to normal now, they gave him something to snap out of the trance he was under. He feels bad but he didn't do anything to harm Tris so he doesn't feel too guilty. I still hate him but knowing he didn't harm Tris means I won't kill him. He reminds me of me when I was under Jeanine's serum... how I fought Tris. I shake my head, not thinking about it and sit down. I look up and see Caleb staring at me, I can see the hate in his eyes. I look back down, not being able to anyone in the eyes.

    That's when I hear it, "You were supposed to keep her safe." I faintly hear it but I look up and see anger. He gets up but Christina holds his hand, "YOU PROMISED!" he yells at me. He starts charging at me when Amar stops him, "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO KEEP HER SAFE TOBIAS, THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN AGAIN! THIS WASN'T!" He keeps trying to charge at me... he has every right to. I failed to protect his sister, I failed to protect Christina's friend, I failed to protect my girlfriend. I can't protect anyone. I get up and walk out to the hall, leaning against the wall and then sliding down. I can hear Caleb yelling, which quickly turns into him sobbing.

I can't lose Tris... I just got her back.

6.13.16

A/N; The end is just a few chapters away 😈

<4