Chapter 8

Tobias POV

I jerk up again, I look out the window and see that the sun is shining. I look next to me, Tris isn't there. I immediately start panicking. Did the Bureau actually take her back? I jump up and scream her name, "TRIS???" I start running around, opening each door. Was yesterday real or just another dream? I'm searching everywhere and then I hear, "Tobias what's the matter?" I turn around and see Tris coming out of the bathroom. I run to her and pull her in my arms, she's still here.

"I thought you were gone Tris.... God I was so scared..." I shake my head and hold her close.

She looks up to me, "I told you I wasn't going to go anywhere Tobias, I'm not going anywhere without you." I just pull her close to me, I know I shouldn't be worried but every time I close my eyes I'm scared to open them and to see she disappeared. She puts her hand on my chest, "Let's go back to bed Tobias, it's like 8 o'clock." I nod and we lay back down. I hold her in my arms, it's crazy to think after all that we've been through we're still together and as strong as ever. I try to fight off sleep for as long as I can but it overtakes me.

Tris POV

I hate how Tobias thinks I'm just going to vanish into thin air, I mean I can understand where he's coming from but I don't want him to go through this pain. He doesn't want to let me go, that within the second he isn't around I'll be taken away again from him. I sigh as I turn towards him, he looks somewhat peaceful during his sleep, I know these months have taken a toll on him. I debate on getting up to start him a breakfast, I did promise him I would cook for him again once I came back to him. I fight the urge and stay in bed with him.

I can't help but think... what is the Bureau going to do with me? Will they let me stay and live my life or will they take me back and wipe out everyone's memory?  I don't want to think about that, to go back to the Bureau now seems impossible. I mean I could go there to finish my work, but to live there and be away from Tobias, I just can't do it anymore. They wouldn't hesitate to take me back though, it wouldn't surprise me if that is what they decide. Maybe I could plead my case again and they would surely make me stay. I look back at Tobias, all the pain I caused him... he didn't deserve that. Not at all.

I get up because all of a sudden it feels like the walls are closing in on me, I get up slowly because I can't wake up Tobias. I make my way to the balcony, taking in the view of the city. It all has changed so much in such a short amount of time, I don't think I'm ready to face the world just yet. All I know is the old Chicago and the Bureau... all of this change... it's all so much. I can feel myself tensing up, like if I think about this anymore I might explode like the grenade I am. My heart picks up speed and I can't think straight. During the beginning stages of my breakdown I feel arms slide around my waist. I don't need to look back because I know it's Tobias, "Good morning beautiful." He kisses my cheek. I admit, I still get butterflies whenever he's around me or touches me. I immediately feel 100 times better, all my anxiety has disappeared so I can't help but smile back at him, "Good morning handsome, how was your sleep?"

He turns me to him, "Perfect because you were finally by my side again." he slowly leans in and I lean in too, completing the kiss. I know me and him still have a lot of stuff to figure out and a lot of painful things to deal with, but in that moment the way I felt with him... I let it overtake me. All of our problems disappeared and it was just me and him in the world. Our kiss deepens and our love overtakes us both.

1.25.16