Chapter 17

Tobias POV

    I wake up and see Tris sleeping peacefully next to me, she still moves around as if she's having a nightmare but she's gotten better by the few days she's been here. I kiss her forehead and quietly get out of bed, wanting to start breakfast for the both of us. I get out some eggs, oranges and the new waffle maker I bought and start working on breakfast. I don't usually go all out for cooking since usually I'm just cooking for myself, but Tris deserves something nice. As I'm cooking I start going over a plan for our day, something relaxing after yesterday.

    I know she hasn't really seen her friends or Caleb since she came back... maybe she would want to do that today! I smile as I think of how everything feels normal now that Tris is back. She can hang out with everyone, and it can be as if nothing ever happened. Like this was the way our lives should have been. I guess we can just go and surprise everyone, I don't know who Tris wants to see first. I bet it will be Christina and Caleb, it's still so weird to know that they are dating.

    I finish breakfast and go back to the bedroom, crawling in bed next to Tris. God, she looks so beautiful when she sleeps. Even though there is still pain in my heart, I'm just so glad that she's back. I love her more than anything in the world, she truly does complete me. I kiss her forehead and move down to both of her eyelids and then down to her cheeks. I softly kiss her lips and I feel her smile and she starts kissing me back. I pull back chuckling, "Breakfast is ready my love." She kisses me again, "I could be woken up like that every day and I wouldn't mind."

    I pick her up from the bed, wrapping the blankets around her and carrying her to the dining room where all of the food is laid out. She yawns and takes a deep breath, "Tobias this smells amazing, thank you." She leans over and kisses me, "You deserve the best, now please eat!" She starts eating and makes a small moan, "Tobias this is seriously so good." I smile as I watch her eat, I can't help but think how much I love her. Even though all the crap I had to deal with her, I'm willing to make it work. I love her too much to let her go.

    She's almost done eating, so I clear my throat. "So, I was wondering if you wanted to visit Christina and Caleb today. To go see your old friends, since you got back you must want to see everyone. Look around the town, it's improved a lot since you've been gone... well the Bureau probably is a lot more advanced than here so it might be boring but it would be interesting to see it all I assume." She drops her fork and looks up at me weird, she shakes her head and continues eating.

    "Tris...." I start to ask and she sets her fork down, "Tobias I don't want to talk about this, I don't want to go out." I shake my head, "Why not? Don't you miss your friends?" She gets up, walking away fast. I quickly follow, "Tris what's the matter, talk to me." I grab her hand and pull her back to me. "Tris please." Tears quickly fill her eyes and she pushes me away, "Leave me alone Four!" I feel a pang in my heart, she only uses that name when she's mad at me. 'You can't run away from your problems Beatrice."

    She wipes her eyes, "Damn it Tobias, most of my friends are dead. I've been gone for so long.... I don't want to see change..... It's all so damn much. Everyone has moved on with their lives, the city has changed so much.... Everything." She collapses in my arms, crying uncontrollably. It hurts to see her like this, so much pain. I never thought that she would be overwhelmed by everything. She stands there crying, and all I can do is stand there, not being able to take the pain away.

    She lost everything. Her family, her friends, her life. Everything either lost or altered in some type of way.

2.25.16