11. New York

This imagine is based off the song New York by Ed Sheeran, I suggest listening to it, it's really cute. Probably one of my favorite songs by Ed.

Joe Trohman (Your POV):

Yesterday you gave me a call, stressing out about it all, said the world is moving too fast.

"Knock, knock." Joe opened the door to your office. "I've got Chinese food." He held up a couple plastic bags.

You looked up from your mountain of work in despair. "I don't have time for a lunch break." You complained, sifting through the endless papers.

Your husband walked over to you and swept the papers to the side. "Nope, you're taking a break."

"Hey-"You protested.

"Look at me." Joe tilted your head up towards him. "Relax. Breathe in."

You did, closing your eyes.

"Breathe out." Joe whispered.

You breathed out, relaxing your body a little.

"Good." Joe smiled. "Now about that Chinese food." He set the bags on the desk.

You stared at the bag, slowly giving in to the craving for warm food and tangy sauce. "Fine." You pulled the bag towards you. "But I'm only taking fifteen minutes out of my schedule for this."

"Ooh jeez." He muttered. "I'm worth fifteen minutes." Joe rolled his eyes and pulled a chair up to the desk in front of you. "Why is this case even such a big deal for you?"

"Are you kidding me? If I win this case, we'll never have to worry about Ruby's college fund again." You opened the to-go box and a packet of chopsticks. "Plus, this would be amazing publicity for the firm."

"But is it really worth stressing yourself out so much?" He asked, opening his own food. "Babe you come home really late and leave super early in the morning." He leaned closer to you. "And we haven't had sex in seventeen days, I've been counting."

You sighed, exasperated. "It's a hard case, and I'm so close to trial, it'll be this way for a couple more weeks. You can manage to use your hand for a little while longer."

"No." Joe stood. "Dammit." He walked around your desk and pulled your chair out from behind it. "Our family isn't worth this case. It's not just about our sex life, it's about Ruby. She hasn't seen you in a week; she keeps asking where you are."

"Tell her I'm at work." You ignored Joe's smoldering eyes.

"I do tell her that, every day. Babe she's four, she doesn't understand that." Joe shook his head. "She thinks its bullshit and she wants you home. I want you home." He pouted. "You're so stressed out." He ran a hand over your shoulder. "And you're really tense."

He began to rub the tight muscles in little circles, making you tilt your head back and close your eyes. "Let me loosen you up." His lips pressed against your neck as he continued.

"Joe, come on." You feebly tried to push him away. "I have work to do."

"No." Joe grabbed your computer from off the desk. "I won't let you."

"Joseph." You made a feeble attempt to grab the computer.

Joe danced around the desk. "You're taking the rest of the day off, I already told your secretary." He held the computer in the air. "And she agreed that you've been working too hard and will hold your calls until tomorrow morning."