46. Dance, Dance -Pete Wentz

Requested by MISHAAA_COLLINS I hope you like it!

"Alright class, we're gonna go over every move, eight count, by eight count. Then we'll try it with music, yeah?" You tied the flannel shirt around your waist.

The class of eight year olds nodded back at you eagerly.

"Alright, so starting positions." You got down into the crouch that started the dance. "Five-six-seven-eight!"

You and your students ran through the entire dance, by the end of it, they were all tired.

"Okay, I will see you guys next week." You grabbed your water bottle and took a sip. "We'll go over everything, so that we can show your parents when they come to get you next week."

"Miss (Y/N)." One of the more hyperactive boys in your class, Bronx, tugged on the hem of your crop top. "I don't understand it, can you show me again. I really wanna show my daddy when he comes to get me today."

"Of course I can." You said and set your water bottle down.

Bronx dragged you to stand in front of the long mirror that covered the entire wall from ceiling to floor.

"Ok, so remember, we start in a crouch, and then we lean to the right and then lean to the left." You showed him the move.

Bronx copied your movements. "Then what."

You jumped up and landed with your hands crossed over your chest. "Do that."

He followed your movements. "Can you show me the weird kick thing we do after that. I keep tripping over my feet."

"Don't worry about that, it took me a really long time to learn how to do this move." You slowly showed him the dance move, over and over, readjusting his feet, until he could do it on his own.

"Wow, look at you. You're like a pro." You gave Bronx a high five. "Do you wanna try it with the music?"

He nodded, his blonde curls bouncing with the movement, a confident grin on his face. "I think I finally understand it."

"Good." You pressed play on the remote to the speaker system. "Now, it's time to test that knowledge." You guys ran through the entire dance.

Bronx smiled the whole time. His movements were fluent, and much more assertive.

"Wow." There was clapping behind you.

"Daddy!" Bronx said, running over to him. "Daddy, did you see me dance?"

"I did. You looked like the next Michael Jackson." Bronx's dad gave him a hug, moving his son's sweaty hair out of his face.

"It's all because of Miss (Y/N). She taught me everything. She's a great teacher." Bronx smiled.

You smiled and looked at the wooden floor, your face slightly red. "I'm regional at best."

Mr. Wentz knelt down in front of Bronx. "Hey, why don't you go practice those sweet dance moves some more while I talk to Miss (Y/N)."

"Am I in trouble?" Bronx's face scrunched up confused.

"No, nothing like that." Mr. Wentz ruffled his hair. "I just wanna talk."

"Are you finally gonna ask her ou-"

Mr. Wentz covered his son's mouth and grinned nervously at you. "Go dance kid." He pushed Bronx lightly away from the two of you.

"So um, Mr. Wentz." You said quietly, holding out your hand.

"Call me Pete." He shook it. "So you taught my son how to dance, and how to do it well. That's no easy feat, he takes after my side of the family; meaning he's so white, he blends into walls."

You shrugged. "He's a natural, maybe he takes more after his mom."

"Yeah, Ashley had a gift." Pete admitted. "You know, Bronx talks about you all the time. He tells me how great you are with him and the other kids. He really likes you (Y/N)."

"Don't tell me you're trying to set me up with your kid Pete, though blondes are my type, he's a little too young for me." You grinned.

"Would you go for a dyed blonde?" Pete returned the grin, nervously running his hands through his unruly blonde hair. "Not with my son actually, he um, well he's been trying to get me to ask you out for months. Well since the first class actually."

"Well, it looks like your son has good taste." You batted your eyelashes, making Pete chuckle.

"Yeah, I guess he does." He stuffed his hands into his pocket. "So, what do you say, would you like to go on a date with me. You know, only so we don't disappoint Bronx."

You nodded grinning. "Of course, but only so we don't disappoint Bronx." You agreed.

"Ok great, so how about Friday at 8. I'll take you dancing." Pete offered.

"Sounds like a date." You smiled. "Here, I'll give you my number."

You put your number into his iPhone, just as Bronx ran over, his sneakers squealing on the floor.

"Did you ask her? Did you ask her?" He asked quickly.

Pete nodded.

"What did she say?" Bronx said quietly. "If she said no, it's okay, my teacher Miss Camper, she's really nice too." He added in a low voice.

Pete shot you an exasperated look that made you giggle. "She said yes B."

"Woohoo!" Bronx yelled, running out of the studio. "My daddy finally got a date! Wait till I tell uncle Patrick!"

Pete rolled his eyes. "I'll call you." He whispered and ran after his son, who was still shouting for joy.