18. First Day Of School (Pete Wentz)

The final bell of the day rang, signaling the end of a long and stressful day.

"Don't forget to give your homework folders to your parents tonight." I stood at the door of my class room. "If you bring it back tomorrow with the papers signed, you get candy." I reminded my first-grade students.

All of the students rushed out of the room except for one kid, Bronx, he was a little boy, blonde hair and big green eyes; super cute, which is why I remembered him.

"Bronx?" I walked over and knelt in front of him. "Why are you still here?"

"My daddy is supposed to pick me up, I'm not allowed to ride the bus." Bronx played with his eraser. "He said he wasn't gonna be late this time." He sighed.

I looked at the eraser he was playing with; it was a blue Lego.

"You like Legos?" I asked him and sat at the table beside him.

Bronx nodded, his lips drawn into a pout.

"Have you seen the Lego Movie?" I asked him.

His face lit up, his pout turning into a smile. "Yes! It was so cool!"

"Don't tell any of the other kids but.." I took my lanyard out of my pocket and showed him my own Wyldstyle keychain.

"No way!" Bronx's eyes widened. "I've got the entire Lego set at my house, my dad bought it for me before-" He stopped abruptly.

"Before what?" I pocketed my lanyard.

"I'm not supposed to tell, it's a huge secret." Bronx whispered.

My "spidey senses" tingled. "You can tell me." I coaxed him.

He shook his head quickly. "I really can't tell you, my daddy will get upset at me."

Bronx was clearly getting upset.

"Ok, ok." I held my hands up in surrender, but my mind was racing.

Was his dad beating him or something? I quickly scanned my eyes over his body. No visible bruises, but that doesn't mean anything.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Bronx asked suddenly, startling me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him surprised. Why was this little boy questioning me about my very tragic romance life?

"I do not, but I think you're a little too young for me kid." I smiled.

He rolled his eyes. "Not for me." Bronx gestured for me to come closer and I did. "For my dad, he and my mommy just broke up and he's really sad." He said quietly.

I blushed. "I don't know Bronx."

"He doesn't want to admit it, but he has no game and he really needs this." Bronx continued. "Please, once you meet him you'll fall in love, at least that's what all the girls who go to his concert say."

"Girls that go to his concerts?" I asked.

He slapped his hands over my mouth and looked at me with big eyes.

"Bronx!" I heard sneakers pounding against the tile floor.

I turned to the door as a man slid into the classroom door.