76. The Kids Aren't Alright

Andy Hurley:

"I don't know what to do (Y/N)," Andy said frantically, holding Sebastian close to his chest.

The toddler cried louder, pressing his warm cheek against Andy's face. "Dada," Sebastian mumbled, "I want mama."

"How warm is he?" You paced the floor of your hotel room anxiously.

Of course the one weekend you were away, having some time to yourself with your friends, Sebastian had to get sick.

"He's burning up." Andy rubbed Sebastian's back with his free hand.

You ran a hand over your face. "Have you checked his temperature?"

"No." Andy admitted. "Should I?"

"We need to know his temperature, so that if he needs to go to the doctor, you can take him." You sat down on the hotel bed.

He held up the thermometer. "But...which end does it go in?"

"The mouth Andy, you put it in his mouth," you sighed.

Andy chuckled, which was just barely audible over the sound of Sebastian's crying. "I know babe, I was joking."

He coaxed the thermometer into Sebastian's mouth.

"What's it say?" You asked, running your hands through your messy hair.

"101 degrees," Andy read. "Is that serious?"

You breathed a sigh of relief. "Only .6 degrees above normal. Just give him some flu medicine and see if he'll eat some soup."

"You hear that Sebby, you're gonna be okay." Andy rubbed his son's back. "So we're going to eat some healthy soup, drink some juice and watch T.V."

"Call me if it gets worse," you pleaded.

Andy grabbed the fever medicine. "Have some faith in me babe."

"Don't kill my son," you teased.

"I won't. Try to have fun," Andy said, "we're gonna have a guy's night; so enjoy your night."

"I'll try," You mumbled. "Just call me-"

"I will." Andy sat Sebastian down on the kitchen counter. "Don't worry. Love you."

"Love you too Andy." You said, although you were still worried.

Andy hung up the phone and turned towards Sebastian. "She worries so much about you, I'm glad she's on vacation."

Meanwhile, you turned to your friend Sarah.

"I have to go home, Sebby's sick." You said.

"No you don't." Sarah said. "I didn't come all the way here just to go home. We're going out with Meagan and Breezy tonight and you're gonna enjoy it."

"But-"

"Nope." Sarah said. "Let's go. Leave the phone."

"But what if Andy calls," you protested.

"Then he'll call me or Meagan." Sarah pulled you from the room. "No babies or responsibilities!"

Joe Trohman:

"Ruby." Joe knocked on his daughter's bedroom door gently. "Wake up, you're gonna be late for school."

"I'm not going," Ruby groaned.

"Why not?" Joe asked, opening the door a little.

"I've got cramps," Ruby admitted, slightly embarrassed. "They hurt so bad."