80. Love Me Like You Do pt. 3

"I've got a couple people I want you to meet." Patrick said, lacing his fingers with yours.

You giggled and leaned into him. "Who are they?"

"Just a couple of my friends," Patrick led you down the hall to his apartment.

You skipped along side of him. "Are they good friends, or bad friends?"

"They're good people, trust me." Patrick squeezed your hand and stopped in front of the wooden door.

Patrick unlocked the door and stepped into the dark apartment.

"Hey guys, we're home," he announced.

A ball of flames ignited, in the corner. "Finally, it's only been twenty four hours," a light voice said, playfully.

"Sorry, I got caught up with something." Patrick grinned at you.

The lights flickered on. "Andy put that out, before you burn the house down and I have to save your ass yet again." A curly hair man slumped onto the couch.

Andy grinned. "You forget that I'm immune to fire."

"Yeah," Patrick rolled his eyes, "but I'm not. Joe's right, put that away."

"What's the point of having fire powers if I can't show the ladies that my face isn't the only thing hot about me." Andy winked at you, causing you to blush.

Patrick made a noise of discontent and pulled you closer to his body. He glared at Andy venomously. Clearly communicating that you were his date.

"So how do you know her?" The curly haired man, Joe you thought, asked.

"Her name is Harley." Patrick gestured to you. "And I know her because I rescued her from drowning in a vat of chemicals."

Andy grinned. "Ooh, saving a damsel in distress; good move Patrick."

Patrick smiled. "We're going to head back to my room. Don't bother us."

"Use protection!" Joe called as Patrick led you down the hallway.

"I'm sorry about them," Patrick apologized when you were in the safety of his room. "You're the first girl I've brought home in a while; they're a little excited."

You looked around the neat room; everything was neat, orderly and practically sparkling.

"I was thinking you could shower and get into some clean clothes," he suggested.

You grinned. "Your clothes?" You taunted, causing Patrick to blush.

"Only if you want," Patrick said awkwardly.

"Relax, that sounds great," you assured him.

Patrick sighed in relief and grabbed some clothes out of a drawer. He handed you a perfectly folded shirt and sweatpants. "These are a little small on me, so they should fit you."

"Thank you." You smiled at him.

He led you to the bathroom. "Joe has some shampoo that you can use. And there should be clean towels and soap."

You went into the bathroom and stripped down; you avoided looking in the mirror, knowing you looked like a mess.

The warm shower felt like heaven on earth. You felt your muscles loosen everywhere the water touched your skin.

You were almost reluctant to leave the warm embrace, but the thought of Patrick was enough to make you exit the shower.

You pulled on the lended clothes quickly and tossed the chemical-soaked ones into the trash.

"Won't be needing those anymore." You mumbled to yourself as you opened the bathroom door.

"Is everything set up for tomorrow?" Patrick asked Joe quietly. "This heist has to a perfectly."

Being the insanely nosy person you are, you pressed yourself against the wall and listened.

"It'll be fine," Joe assured Patrick. "What are you gonna do about Harley?"

"Don't worry about that, I'll handle it," Patrick said. "Make sure everything goes according to plan."

Joe looked confused. "You're not going with us?"

"Somebody has to stay with her," Patrick said. "Make sure she doesn't hurt herself."

"Where exactly did you find her?" Joe asked.

"Well-"

You cleared your throat and stepped out from around the corner.

"Harley." Patrick's concerned expression disappeared. "My clothes look even better on you than they do on me." He wrapped an around your waist and kissed your forehead.

The unexpected affection made you momentarily forget your worry.

It all flooded back to you though, when you saw Joe hurriedly shove some blueprints under his arm.

You were about to spend the night with three criminals.

Part 4 will be coming very soon and it will be the last installment.

My birthday is in 4 days!