90. We Know - Joe & Pete

Some people mentioned that they would like a part 2 to "Don't Tell Your Mother" so I wrote one for Joe and Pete. Enjoy.

Joe Trohman:

You pushed your daughter's bedroom door open to find her sitting on her bed, surrounded by candy wrappers.

"Where did you get all of this candy from?" You asked, making her jump.

Ruby quickly tried to cover up the candy. "What are you talking about?" She quickly swallowed the piece in her mouth.

"The candy that you're hiding." You crossed your arms over your chest. "Where did you get it from?"

She looked at you, failing to hide her panic. "Um...Halloween."

"Nice try. Halloween was two weeks age, I know your candy didn't last that long." You raised an eyebrow. "You have five seconds to tell me where you got it. Five...Four...Three-"

"Daddy gave it to me!" Ruby yelled. "He lost Nate in the park and told me he would give me all the candy I wanted if I didn't tell on him."

You muttered a curse word under your breath and rubbed your temples. "Joseph!"

"Am I in trouble?" Ruby asked sweetly. "I wanted to tell, I promise, but then he offered me chocolate and I couldn't say no."

You shook your head. "No, you're not in trouble Rue." You swiped a piece of chocolate from her pile.

"Is daddy in trouble?" She asked.

You nodded and wordlessly went downstairs.

"Tell daddy he can use my BB-8 sleeping bag if he wants." Ruby called.

Joe knew something was off with you the moment he got home from taking Nate to his friend's birthday party.

"Hey babe." He walked into the living room where you were catching up on the latest Supernatural episode.

When you didn't respond, he sat beside you and wrapped an arm around your waist. You didn't react.

"Nate had a fun time at that party." Joe nuzzled into your shoulder. "He had a smile on his face the entire time."

"Oh good," you replied icily, eyes on the TV screen, "I'm glad you didn't lose him this time."

Joe froze, his face still nuzzled. "Ruby sold me out," he said lowly.

"She sang like a canary," you said. "Were you planning on telling me that you lost our four year old son in the park last week?"

He looked at you sheepishly. "I was planning on it being more of a deathbed confession thing."

"And then you bribed our daughter to keep quiet." You looked over at him. "Come on Joe."

He grinned. "On the bright side, I didn't lose him again."

"Okay Mr. Brightside." You rolled your eyes. "Tell me this, how many times have you lost Ruby?"

Joe perked up, looking around the room. "I think I hear the ghost of my great aunt Tzietel telling me not to answer that question."

"Oh you better answer that question or you're gonna need a lot more than Ruby's BB-8 sleeping bag to shield you from the cold shoulder you'll be receiving." You turned to him.

Joe ran a hand over his curly hair. "Well I don't want to answer if you're just gonna get mad at me-"

"Joseph!"