38. New Friends Are Golden- Pete Wentz

Let me tell you guys the story about how you ended up with eight kids.

It had been a long day...longer than the hiatus.

All day you were running around. Your boss had an obscene amount of work for you to do, most of which resulted in you running around frantically like a chicken missing its head.

So what you really wanted today, was to go home, lock yourself in your room and sleep.

Did you get to do that? Of course not, you had three kids to look after, four if you counted your boyfriend Pete.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look!" Nirvana ran down the hall, carrying something small, fluffy and drenched in water and mud. "Igoddapuppy." She said quickly, literally vibrating from excitement. 

"A puppy?" You asked in disbelief. "Where did you get a puppy from?" You took the small animal from your daughter's cubby hands and walked into the kitchen.

"Dad brought them home." Bronx was sitting on the mud splattered tile floor, playing with a black and white puppy.

"Yeah!" Saint piped, walking into the living room, his clothes covered in mud. "He was bringing us home and there was someone on the side of the road just giving away these puppies, so he took all of them."

If you had a drink, you would have done a spittake that would have made Sam Puckett proud. "All of them? How many of them were there?"

"Seven." Bronx answered.

Cue the spittake.

"This one is named Steve." Saint said, setting the puppy on the floor, where it proceeded to wander around, leaving muddy paw prints in its wake.

"This one is Elsa, and this one is Magnus." Nirvana pointed to the white puppy in your hand and the one in Bronx's hands.

"Where are the other four puppies?" You asked, handing 'Elsa' back to Nirvana.

"Daddy's giving them a bath." Saint said. "They were all dirty when we got them."

"Daddy's giving them a bath? In the bathtub?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Where else would he give them a bath mommy?" Saint rolled his eyes. "Duh."

"You guys stay here, make sure the puppies don't break anything." You walked up the stairs. "Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz!"

"Uh oh." Bronx muttered and Saint covered 'Steve's' ears.

"Hey babe." Pete called innocently from the bathroom. "I see you met our new friends."

"Seven puppies?" You leaned against the doorframe. "You let our kids get seven puppies?"

Pete's voice dropped down to a whisper. "I wasn't going to let them keep all of them."

"Well, they're already attached to them Pete." You said.

"I'll just give them to Patrick, Andy and Joe." Pete shrugged and drained the water from the tub and carefully placed the now clean puppies onto a towel. "That way the kids can see them whenever they want."

"They're so cute." You helped Pete dry them. "And so small, why was the person giving them away."

"Couldn't take care of them." Pete put the puppies into a basket. "I thought, since we have three kids with big loving hearts who would love and take care of these puppies, we should take them in."

"But we really can't take care of all of them." I said sadly, running my thumb over the smallest puppy's head.

"Well, we can keep four, the kids will each have one, and we can share one." Pete suggested, looking at you with puppy dog eyes.

"I don't know babe." You bit your lip.

"Please." He begged, sticking out his bottom lip.

Your will broke. "Ok fine. But I want this one." You picked up the smallest puppy. "And we're naming him Loki James Wentz."

"As you wish m'lady." Pete smiled.

And that was the story of how you acquired four more children.