19. High School AU

Joe Trohman:

"Pst." Someone behind you whispered.

You looked up from your test to check if your teacher was anywhere near you, before turning your head around slightly. "What?" You whispered.

Joe Trohman grinned and leaned forward. "What's the answer for twelve?"

You turned around. "I'm not helping you cheat."

He scoffed. "I'm not cheating, I'm comparing your answer to mine to make sure I've got the right one."

"Yeah right." You rolled your eyes and went back to concentrating on your test.

It was quiet for an entire minute before Joe tapped your shoulder twice.

You bit your lip to avoid yelling in frustration and looked up at your teacher who was sitting at her desk, nose deep in a novel and oblivious to everything going on."

"Please help me (Y/N)." Joe whispered. "It's the only question I need help with. If I fail this test, my children will suffer, as I am just a single mother tending to my memes."

You raised an eyebrow and looked back at the poofy haired boy.

Joe grinned and pointed to his test. "Please." He mouthed.

You shook your head firmly. "No way, you'll just ask me for answers on every test from now on."

He pouted and you shrugged.

"Sorry dude, I guess you're just gonna have to take your test on your own." You turned around and stared down at your test. "You should have studied harder."

"You're right." He whispered. "Maybe next time you should tutor me."

"Something tells me you'd just goof off the entire time instead of actually learning." You filled in the answer for number twenty and wrote your name on the top of the test.

"Not true." Joe whispered back. "I would learn anything as long as you were the one teaching it."

"That's cute, number twelve is 37 by the way." You got up and turned your test in.

When you got back there was a piece of paper on your desk.

See you Saturday for our study date. PS: Number 12 was 26, I double checked with the mathlete kid behind me. Told you I was just comparing answers -Joe

You looked back at Joe, who just grinned down at his test and stayed silent for the rest of the period.

Patrick Stump:

You walked down the quiet halls, relishing the freedom from dodging people as they shoved their ways down the hall. The school was basically deserted except from the theater kids who occupied the auditorium and the kids who somehow found their way into the study hall for detention.

And you, well, you didn't really fit into either category. You were just making up a test you missed in science.

You were turning down the deserted hallway that housed all of the like three performing arts classes, when you heard it.

Someone was singing, and someone was singing well.

The door on the far end of the hallway was ajar and from that room flooded a sweet melody. You found yourself walking towards the door in a trance.