34. Jet Pack Blues Pt. 3 (Andy Hurley)

It had been two days since Andy left. Two days of you constantly texting him, begging him to come home. Two days of silence from him, two days of worried pacing. And two holes worn through the bottom of your shoes because of that.

You were beginning to lose hope when your information drought was broken by a phone call from Joe.

"Joe?" You answered, walking around the first floor of your house.

"You need to go to that bar that's down the street from my house." He said.

You fiddled with the necklace that Andy gave you nervously. "Why?"

"Andy's there, he's been there for the past two days and when he's not there, he's locked inside my house and won't leave." He explained. "He's in really bad shape (Y/N)."

"He's there right now?" You asked, grabbing your keys.

"Well he's not here, so my best guess is there." Joe said.

"Okay, well I'm on my way there right now. Let me know if he shows up at your house." You jogged out into the light rain and got into your car.

"Will do. Good luck (Y/N)." Joe hung up the phone.

.......

"I'm looking for a guy, dark hair, covered in tattoos, he's probably not drinking, because he's not into that." You said to the bartender. "He's a cinnamon roll really, I don't know why he would come here-"

"He's over there." The man pointed to a corner, cutting off your rambling. "The guy's been here for two days and only ordered water and celery sticks."

"Thanks." You said quickly and approached the booth in the dimly lit corner.

Andy was slumped over the table, running his fingers over the brim of his glass cup.

"Andy." You said quietly.

He looked up suddenly, his eyes locked with yours. "(Y/N)." Andy looked frightened. "What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

You walked towards him slowly. "Joe told me where you were. I came to bring you home."

Andy looked down at his glass, avoiding your eyes as you sat down across the table from him. "Go home." He said.

"Not until you talk to me." You reached across the table for his hand and then thought better of it. "Tell me what's wrong and I'll leave, unless you want me to stay."

Andy kept his eyes trained down. "Please leave." He stood and walked out of the bar.

You followed him out into the rain. "What are you gonna do if I don't? Hit me again." You raised an eyebrow.

And then to your surprise, Andy broke down in tears.

"I'm sorry." He said, his voice cracking. "I didn't mean to, I was on edge and I snapped." He sat on the ground, his head in his hands. "I'm sorry." He repeated brokenly.

You knelt in front of him. "Andy." You wrapped your arms around him and he buried his head into your shoulder. "Please tell me what happened." You begged.

"I-I- I saw my dad." He said quietly, his voice no louder than the rustle of a page turning. "Well, he saw us, he got my number. Told me I was gonna end up just like him, that you were gonna leave me."

The no good bastard had walked out on him and his mom when he was ten, after beating his mom and Andy for years.

"Andy." You hugged him closer and rubbed his back.

"And I did." He whispered. "I got so mad that I hit you, and you're scared of me."

You shook your head. "Look at me." You coaxed.

He didn't want to meet your eyes at first, but eventually his teary eyes met yours.

"Your dad is an asshole, he got drunk and he treated you and your mom like shit. You are the sweetest person I know, you sat in a bar for two days and only drank water, and you treat me like royalty." You moved his wet hair from his face. "What you did, was wrong, but I forgive you. I don't want you to let this eat you up inside, or what happened to your dad will happen to you."

Andy gulped. "But-"

"Nope. The best thing you can do is not let this happen again. That's how you win. And don't listen to your dad, he doesn't know the Andy Hurley that I know." You kissed his cheek.

He looked down at the wet concrete. "I don't deserve you."

"Shut up." You said. "After everything you went through, you deserve something good in your life for once. So baby, let's get out of this rain. Please come home."

Andy bit his lip and looked up at you again. You pressed your lips to his and hugged him to you again, crying gently into your shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too Andy." You whispered into his hair. "It's okay Andy, we're okay."