89. Full Moon Pills - Joe Trohman

I got a request to write a Joe imagine with male pronouns, so that is precisely what I did. @folieafuckoff I hope you like it!

Joe Trohman:

"Be careful," my mom said, kissing my forehead.

I smiled reassuringly. "Mom, I'll be fine."

"You now how I am about you driving in the rain." She pulled me into a tight embrace. "Let me know when you get home, ok?"

I nodded. "Yes ma'am." I hugged her back and ran to my car, holding my hands over my head in an unsuccessful attempt to shield myself from the rain.

The blurry image of my mother, through the watery window was the last I saw of her as I drove away.

She was in a rough spot right now, having lost my father to a heart attack a couple months back.

So some nights like this, I would come over and comfort her. She would insist otherwise though, since I lived three hours away, in the city.

I tightened my grip on the steering wheel, watching the rivulets of water run down the windshield.

It was nights like this that I missed. Watching the pavement turn reflective, seeing the bright lights behind the blurry shield of a waterlogged window.

Sometimes when I was a kid I would pretend that I was the captain of a great ship, who's voyage was being delayed by a troublesome storm.

But now my ship went down in a sea of sound, and the full moon pills had me out on the streets tonight.

My attention was snapped back suddenly at the sound of thunder.

Someone was standing in the middle of the intersection, staring at my car like a deer in the headlights.

I reacted quickly, slamming my foot down on the brakes hard and swerving away from the person.

"Oh my gosh." I leaned back against the seat, my heart pounding. "Oh my gosh." I opened the door and ran towards the stranger I had almost ran over. "Are you okay?"

He looked up at me. "Do you go around trying to make everyone human pancakes?"

I looked down at his scornful face. "Only the cute ones," I joked. "You shouldn't walk around at night wearing all black."

"It's a fashion statement," he rolled his eyes and pushed his wet hair out of his face.

I snorted. "It's a fucking death wish." I offered him a hand up. "How am I supposed to avoid hitting you if I can't even see you?"

He allowed me to pull him to his feet. "Fair point."

"What are you doing walking around in the middle of the night?" I asked. "It's raining."

Fat drops of rain were falling faster now, drenching my clothes.

"Thank you Captain Obvious," he rolled his eyes. "And by the way, it's none of your business."

I held my hands up in surrender. "Ok, ok. I was just trying to help."

"Wait!" He called as I headed for my car. "The least you could do is give me a ride home, since you almost hit me."

I raised an eyebrow. "Will you tell me why you've been roaming the streets?"

"Fine." He sighed.

I gestured to my car. "Come aboard."

>>>>>

"My boyfriend just dumped me," my new friend explained, "I was just walking around trying to clear my head. Then your car came out of nowhere and almost killed me. And now I'm here, telling you my life story."

I shrugged. "If that's your life story, God must have been writing a crack fic."

"Funny," he curled up, hugging his knees to his chest. "Why were you out so late?"

I gripped the steering wheel tighter. "I was visiting my mom. She gets lonely, now that my dad has died."

"Oh," he said quietly, "that's not funny."

I turned onto his street. "It's been a rough couple months."

"Amen to that." He stared out the window. "That's my building."

I parked the car. "I just drove a complete stranger home. I don't even know your name."

"It's (Y/N)." He said quietly.

"Interesting name for a guy," I commented.

He cracked a small smile. "Well, I'm an interesting guy."

I smiled at him. "I believe it. Goodnight (Y/N), hopefully the next time we meet will be under happier circumstances."

"When would that be, exactly?" He asked, a playful smirk on his face.

I shrugged. "I don't know, I come here once a week. But if I had a reason to, I might come more often."

"I hope you find a reason."

"So do I."

(Y/N) opened the door. "Do I get the pleasure of knowing who took me home?"

"I'm Joe."

"Joe Trohman?"

I narrowed my eyes. "Yeah, how do you know my last name?"

"We went to high school together. I always thought you were cute." (Y/N) smirked and closed the door behind him.

I must apologize for a couple things:

1. Sorry I took so long to update.

2. I'm planning some lowkey sad imagines. Sorry in advance.