Chapter 4 Explain

Chapter 4

Explain

Please Note: This chapter starts 2 minutes before the end of the last one.

Third Person POV

Sarah was lying in bed looking up at the projection of the earth constellations that the Castle had put on the roof for her. She spotted a few she knew, Sagittarius, Cancer, Leo, Virgo. She was pulled out of her thoughts when she thought she heard The Goblin King say her name. Sitting up now she was looking around the room. Nothing. She was about to lay back down she heard him again. The voice was coming from in her head. He must have been thinking about her.

Standing up and walking over to her wardrobe, she was glad that the castle had given her a room apart from her parents and Toby. She grabbed out a green shawl and rapped it around herself. Slipping on her trainers, she didn't have to worry about waking them up as she was going out of the door.

She was lost in thought about The Goblin Kind and why she was back in the labyrinth when she saw the throne room doors ahead of her. She was about to muster up the courage to walk in and demand an audience, she wasn't sure what about she just knew she wanted one, when she felt a twang in her stomach. Something was wrong.

Bursting through the throne room doors she was caught in what was happening, there was a shadowy figure over The Goblin King with a knife in hand, unable to move from the shock, she did the only thing she could, she screamed.

That was all Jareth needed. With Vailan distracted by Sarah screaming he pushed upwards, throwing Vailan on to the floor beside him. He sat up slightly and turned to the side to fight him, but he was gone.

Jareth slumped back down on to the cold floor and closed his eyes.

Sarah, now able to move, ran over to him. "Goblin King?" She asked, somewhere between a startled statement and a shout.

Jareth's eyes shot open again. "Sarah?"

"Come on. Let's get you back to bed" She wasn't sure why she was helping him, after everything he did. But he needed her.

He tried to resist but he was to weak. Leaning against her they walked down the hallway towards Jareth's quarters. When they got to the door Sarah was relieved. The Castle had taken her the right way, thank god.

She pushed open the door and helped The Goblin King on to the bed. Sitting next to him, staring at his face, she could see he was seriously unwell. His skin was paler than normal, his cheeks had sunken slightly making his cheekbones more noticeable, he had bags under his eyes... his eyes... they had lost that glint they once held. She started to stand and he caught her arm. He didn't say anything, but he didn't have to.

"I am just going to fetch some water. I'll be right back."

Reluctantly he let his hand slip, and Sarah left the room.

Jareth was left to his thoughts.

I have to help her leave if she does not wish to stay. He thought to himself. I want her to stay with me, of course, but I cannot keep her here. Jareth had still not said those words, out loud or to himself, those cursed words that define his feelings for her.

I owe her my life, helping her is all I can do.

At that moment Sarah slipped back in through the door, and all thoughts of her leaving slipped from Jareth's mind. She's so beautiful.

As Sarah sat back down, Bowl of warm water and cloth in hand, she reached out to touch The Goblin Kings face, expecting it to be cold, but it was burning hot. He had a fever.

What's going on? I thought Fae didn't get sick. She thought remembering the stories she read when she was a child.

"It doesn't happen very often" The Goblin King answered.

She looked at him confused. Can you read my thoughts? She thought to him.

Sometimes. He answered in her head this time. Only if you want me to or are too distracted to stop me.

She pulled her hand away, unsure as to why she had left it cradling his face for so long. She worried that him being able to read her thoughts, meant he could find out about the feelings she had developed for him.

Since she first entered the labyrinth, he had interested her. But she was too worried about Toby to think any further into it. When she got home and thought about him, she missed him. Then when she saw him again, she thought, maybe, he missed her too. But seeing him like this, that settled it. She missed him more than she would if he was just a friend to her. She pushed that thought aside.

Dabbing the cloth against his forehead to cool him off, she said one word.

"Explain."

Hi guys, thanks for reading. This chapter was one to get them in the same POV and, maybe help us understand their feelings. Hope it wasn't to short, it just seemed like a good place to leave it.

Comments are welcomed.

Thanks again

Labyrinth