Chapter 11 Confrontation

Chapter 11

Confrontation

Warning. Some foul language.

Jareth's POV

Feeling sudden movement on my side my eyes flew open. At first I was confused, then seeing Sarah I remembered, We had fallen asleep on my throne after meeting my mother. The movement I had felt was someone covering us up.

Gareth.

"Go back to sleep brother. Wouldn't want to disturb her now would we?" He asked smirking and waving at Sarah. "I will ask that none of the goblins disturb you."

With that he left and I drifted sleep once again.

I woke a few hours later, Sarah stirring on my knee. I sat for a few seconds just looking at how beautiful she was.

"It's rude to stare" She said, startling me a little, She hadn't even opened her eyes. I thought she was still asleep.

I smiled. "I can't help it."

She smiled and turned in my lap to look at me.

I was happy there, staring into her emerald green eyes. But then, of all times, I heard "What do you mean I can't go in Jared!"

"It's Gareth, And my brother's name is Jareth"

"Whatever Jared"

Sarah quickly got up off my lap straightening out her dress and I walked over to the window.

Karen, Sarah's step-mother stormed in. Apparently recovering from her shock.

"Sarah! You little bitch. What have you done!"

Gareth stepped between them.

"Move out of my way Jared!" She shouted. I walked over and pulled her back.

"It's ok Gareth. I'll deal with this." Karen looked stunned for a moment at the fact he was actually my twin like he had said.

Gareth nodded and stepped out of the way, only to be replaced by myself.

"Karen, might I suggests you head back to your room-" She cut me off.

"Might I suggests you FUCK OFF and get out of my way. I need to teach HER!" she pointed at Sarah who shrunk behind me. "A lesson"

"You will not touch her" I said challenging her.

She slapped me. Now I am not easily hurt, but this tingled where her hand had connected with my face.

I clenched my fist behind my back, determined not to lash out. This no good, mundane, human just hit me in my own castle.

"KAREN!" I heard Sarah's father shout from the door. Suddenly, Karen was all sweet and innocent. "Yes dear?"

Absolutely disgraceful.

"Don't you 'yes dear' me, what's going on?!"

"Me and young Sarah here were having a little chat weren't we Sarah?"

Sarah shrunk behind me again and I stepped back into her to calm her.

"WEREN'T WE SARAH!" She said, the anger returning to her voice.

"Don't try and pull the wool over my eyes Karen."

Suddenly Karen was the victim, of course.

"Why are you doing this to me" she began to cry. "I am always the wicked step mother no matter what I say." She shouted running out of the room.

I turned to see how Sarah was, but before I fully faced her she was in my arms, crying into my shirt. I held her close and stroked her hair.

Sarah's father walked over to us.

"Sarah, I am so sorry, I never knew..." He trailed off.

He seriously never noticed how abusive Karen was.

He was about to say something else but Sarah stopped him by hugging him. He began to cry.

I started walking out of the room, but Sarah grabbed my arm.

Don't leave me. She pleaded in my mind. I obliged, sitting down at the small table to the side of the room. Sarah's father went to fetch Toby.

When he came back, we didn't feel like eating and pushed our breakfast around the plate. Sarah sobbed every now and then, but I put my hand on hers that was resting in her leg to remind her I was there.

After breakfast, Sarah was wandering out towards the gardens. Me following on her heels. Her father caught my arm.

"She trusts you. And, seeing you stand up for and comfort her, so do I. But please, Promise me you will not fail her... As I have..."

I nodded. "You did not fail her," I said, resting my hand on his shoulder. "You stuck up for her today, and that's all that matters." I let my hand slip to my side, leaving him to follow Sarah.

Hi guys. Sorry for the really dark chapter but, You know, I just... Hate Karen. I don't know why. I feel bad putting Sarah through that but, It fits with future plans.

Sorry!!!!!

Thanks for reading and, as always, comments are welcomed, good or bad.

Thanks Again

Labyrinth