Chapter 14 Fear The Darkness

Chapter 14

Fear The Darkness

Warning,

Some readers may find this chapter slightly disturbing later on,

You have been warned.

Jareth POV

I woke up a little early and Sarah was still in bed. I sat for a while, watching her. She was so beautiful. She looked so at peace too. I wiggled to sit up, trying not to wake her as she had her arm wrapped around my waist. Leaning against the head board I summoned a crystal to play with. I played with it, I had no desire to get up so Sarah snuggling into me just made me smile. Her warmth was comforting.

I looked up, hearing the door open, and saw Sarah's dad walk in with Toby in his arms. I caused the crystal I was holding to disintegrate and put my finger to my lips when Sarah's dad looked at me. He nodded and I carefully worked my way out if Sarah's grip. She stirred slightly but soon settled. Sarah's dad put Toby down in the cot Sarah had asked to have put in her room for when she was watching Toby. He walked over to the door to talk to me.

"Good morning Robert. Please excuse my being here, Sarah couldn't sleep and I -" He cut me off.

"Don't worry about it. I told you I trusted you which is why I let you follow Sarah into the garden alone yesterday. From what I walked in on I could see the innocence in it, if it helps her sleep then it's fine with me."

I relaxed a little.

"But if there's any 'funny business' I'm only next door so I'll know -"

I stopped him there. "Don't worry Robert, I wouldn't dream of it." We smiled and he nodded.

We started talking but we're quickly cut off.

"JARETH!"

I heard Sarah screaming. I ran over to her and took her in my arms. She looked so scared.

Sarah POV

(In Sarah's dream)

"Where am I?" I asked. My question went unanswered, which I'm not sure if I'm happy about or not.

I looked around but I couldn't see anything, I wasn't blind or blind folded for that matter, it was just dark. This is the true meaning of darkness, I thought. Not closing your eyes, no that's not darkness. Darkness is having your eyes wide open, to see nothing but black, and feel nothing beyond it.

Then, as if to prove me wrong, Something grabbed me by the leg and dragged me away from the dark spot I was in. I looked around, it was dim, but at least I could see.

I changed my mind, I didn't want to see. Around me I saw people screaming, people dying.

There were people staring at themselves impaled on posts, others holding their loved ones in their arms. There was even one woman cradling her own leg, like literally cradling it. She was one of the only ones not screaming, but she was holding her severed leg as if it was a baby. I wanted to close my eyes, or go back in to the room from which I once came, but I couldn't.

I looked ahead of me and saw a dark castle. Then, suddenly, a dark smoke bellowed from the top of it, heading towards me.

The closer it got to me, the more I could feel its darkness and it was speeding up.

I screamed.

Just as it hit me, I woke up.

Jareth had his arms around me and I buried my head into his chest. It was a dream, but it felt like so much more.

I cried into Jareth's chest as he rocked me back and forth.

I heard a crying behind me.

"Toby?" I asked, turning around to see my father holding him.

I laid back down on the bed as Jareth took my hand, stroking it with his thumb.

I didn't want to go back to sleep.

Jareth asked me to tell him about my nightmare, I was scared, but I did as he asked.

When I told him about the castle, his face turned dark.

"Jareth?" I asked, getting slightly scared.

"Vailan" He said. "The castle you saw was his castle, and the shadow, that was him."

Hi guys, Yes I am actually going to leave it there, and I thought I would bring Vailan back into this, I apologise if the castle was a bit grimm for you but, It fits his story I have yet to revel.

MERRY CHRISTMAS LEAH!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN LEAVE ME ALONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, Leah is a friend of mine who is reading my book, because she wants to I might add, and read chapter 12 & 13 on Friday and has bugging me to send her chapter 14 ever since.

Comments are welcomed of course.

Thanks for reading

Labyrinth