Chapter 7 Breakfast With The Flowers.

Chapter 7

Breakfast With The Flowers

Sarah's POV

Getting out of the bath and wrapping a towel around myself I walked over to the wardrobe. Opening the door I caught my breath. It wasn't a wardrobe, it was another room attached to mine that just happened to have some clothes in it. I walked in looking around all the dresses. They were stunning. There were dresses of all lengths and colours. There was a red one that was puffy with golden patterns down it, another that was knee length with black patterns around it, another with a gold top and black skirt. I couldn't choose.

"I wonder which one The Goblin King would like." Suddenly the whole room began to shake and another rack appeared out of the wall with more dresses on it. There was a label on the end of it. 'Jareth's Preferences.' Are you in my head again Goblin King, she asked trying to sound authoritative and a little cross, but it didn't come out as well as she had hoped.

Maybe just a little bit, he answered, Won't you please call me Jareth it is much less formal.

I didn't answer and went to look on the rack. Out of all of the beautiful dresses I picked out a green knee high, plain dress that was loose material for a skirt with green netting over it. The top had a simple rounded neck. I wandered over to the side where there was a rack of shoes and picked out a pair of black slip on type shoes.

By the time I had finished getting dressed my hair had dried. I brushed through it and left it to fall around my shoulders.

Standing up to walk out of the room I saw the pocket watch on the side and realised I had nowhere to put it, then I looked down and saw this dress had something I did not see often, pockets. Placing it in my pocket I went to go check on my family.

They were all up. My father was holding Toby and Karen was sat on the bed staring at the wall. When my dad saw me he put Toby down and hugged me.

"Oh thank god. I was so worried about you"

"Why?" I asked. Confused as I was only in the room next door.

"I came to talk to you last night but you weren't in your room"

"Oh." I said, cursing the fact that the one time my dad actually wants to talk to me I'm not there. "I was in the throne room talking with The King" I said simply walking over to pick to Toby.

"Are you safe with him Sarah? From what I saw of him earlier today he seemed to hate you."

That word caused a pain in my stomach. 'hate'. I suppose at one point he did hate me, but he had explained himself for that. I also have to explain to my father that what felt like earlier to him was in fact yesterday. I turned to my father and said "Yes I am quite safe" trying to seam authoritative. "which reminds me. He has asked we all join him for breakfast in the garden. There should be some clothes in the wardrobe. It was also yesterday that you saw The Goblin King. Time passes differently here." My father just looked baffled at me then walked over to the wardrobe where he pulled out a suit and looked at me questionably. I just waved him off.

I waved him off? I'm starting to act like The King. To that I heard a chuckle in my head. "Shut up Goblin King"

"What?"

I looked up and realised I had said that out loud.

"Nothing just get dressed we don't have much time" ... Time. I took out the pocket watch to see what time it was. VII. 07:00AM. We had half an hour. I walked over to Karen and asked her to get dressed passing her a dress I had just pulled out of the wardrobe on my way past. She just agreed. I guess she's still pretty shaken up from the whole thing, oh well, it's her fault anyway.

Finally everyone was dressed and we head towards the garden.

When we got there I caught my breath. I had never seen this part of the castle before, it was beautiful. The flowers were glowing, like literally glowing, some of them even had jewels in the centre. My family sat at a small patio table whilst I walked a little way down the garden and sat on a low wall, staring down the garden.

Jareth's POV

Standing behind the doors to the garden I watched the little goblin, that I had just ordered to go and fetch food, run down the corridor. Imbercil, the food should already have been on the table. Pushing the doors open I saw Sarah's family sat as the small table at the side, and Sarah was sat on a wall further down the garden wearing the green dress I had picked out. I'm glad she chose that one, it was my favourite. I walked past her family, smiling at their weary faces, towards Sarah. I was planning to just sit next to her when she said "Your late Goblin King" without looking away from the garden.

How did she know I was here. I made sure I was silent walking over and she never turned around.

"A king is never late, everyone else is simply early." I earned a laugh at that as I sat next to her.

"You look better" she said turning slightly to face me. She touched my face, I assume to check my temperature, but instead of putting her hand on my fore head like most would, she cradled my cheek. "You've cooled down too I see." She said starting to take her hand away. I held it there. I'm not sure why, but I wanted it to stay.

"Well, that is all thanks to you nursing me back to health." I said and she blushed. I let go of her hand seeing her nervousness.

She pulled out the pocket watch I had handed her earlier this morning and opened it looking at the time.

"It's a binary watch" she said "I have never seen one like it before"

I smiled. She figured it out. In just a few short hours she figured out what took me years.

"Yes. It was a gift-" She cut me off.

"From your father" she said "Allius"

"How did you..." I trailed off. How did she know who it was from. Then she pressed a button and the clock face flipped forwards. Looking up at me she saw how shocked I was and handed me the watch back. All these years and I never knew it was there, the blue glowing text that was a message from my father.

"I noticed the button when I was closing it. Didn't you know?"

I shook my head.

"Why did your father never tell you it was there?"

I closed the watch up, handing it back to her. "because he died when I was a babe."

I shook the thought from my head when I heard the garden doors open, and some goblins brought out the food.

Standing, I offered her my arm and we walked back up the garden together. But she kept her eyes on me. I could see she was worried as to how I felt that she had found the message first.

Hi guys. I decided it was about time I did something from Jareth's point of view. It was quite as bit easier than I thought it would be. Next chapter is coming soon. I will not be uploading until late tomorrow as it is Monday and I am at school, sorry.

Thanks for reading

Labyrinth