Chapter 12 The Healing Power Of Music

Chapter 12

The Healing Power Of Music

Jareth's POV

I walked out into the gardens and panicked for a second. I couldn't see Sarah. But then I heard a light sobbing noise coming from behind a tree in front of me. I walked around the tree to see Sarah sat at the trunk with her knees up to her chest. Her arms were resting on her knees, her head on her arms. She was sobbing into them.

I got down on to the floor with her. Without saying a word I pulled her into me and she cried into my shirt. We sat like that for hours before Sarah stopped crying.

She looked up at me, her eyes puffy. Then turned away.

I helped her up and we went to sit by the fountain. All this time we had been outside and neither of us had spoken to the other.

As we sat staring at the fountain I couldn't bare the silence any longer.

"Sarah?" I said gaining her attention. "Are you ok?"

She nodded, though I had a feeling it was the equivalent of 'putting on a brave face'.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" I asked. It was obvious that, when I stopped Karen hitting Sarah on the day they first got here, it wasn't the first time she had raised her hand to Sarah.

"No" Sarah answered. I was a little disappointed. I wanted to help.

"Not yet anyway. I need something to take my mind off it. When I was home I used to listen to my music."

That gave me an idea.

"Come with me." I said, rising from the bench and taking Sarah's hand. Sarah followed me into the castle to a room she had only ever been in once.

Mine.

When we walked through the doors she was a little nervous, but that soon melted when I lead her through another door on the opposite side of the room and we appeared in my study. Sarah's eyes widened at the books I had behind my desk, but I lead her to the deep red, cherry oak wood, grand piano on the corner of the room. I sat at the piano and she sat next to me.

"Do you know how to play?" I asked.

"No" She said stroking the keys.

I smiled and began to play, 'As The World Falls Down.'

I sang along as she followed my finders with her eyes. Obviously curious as to how to play it.

When I finished I saw she looked a little happier.

"Here" I said, putting her hands on the keys a bar higher than mine. "Copy me." And she did.

I played the first few notes slowly, and she followed, playing them after me. So I continued. Her following my every key. I saw a smile appear on her face as she was playing. It sounded beautiful.

After a few plays around, when Sarah had fallen in time with me, I stopped playing, and she continued. I closed my eyes smiling at how peaceful it sounded.

When she finished she smiled so widely. I opened my eyes when she hugged me.

"Thank you so much Jareth! I have always wanted to play but never known how." She beamed.

I wrapped my arm around her, hugging her properly.

She pulled away and looked me in the eyes. I used my right hand, tracing her jawline to pull her head inwards and, like on the piano, she followed.

My lips tingled when they touched hers. They were so warm. I held her there for a while before pulling away.

She wimped a little.

Looks like she enjoyed it as much as I did.

I smiled at that thought as we returned to the piano.

We sat there for hours playing. We didn't talk, we just played. Sarah following my keys as I played other songs like 'within you' and some aboveground songs I had come to enjoy in the six months of Sarah's absence.

Hi guys, sorry this one is a little short. But I really liked it. I figured we would need a pick me up after the previous chapter 😂

Please remember to comment, good or bad I want to know what you guys think.

I would also like to thank kyliewhitehead13 and LoopyLoo1 for the votes and follows, it was a lovely thing to come back off holiday to.

Next chapter's for you guys.

Thanks so much for reading!!!

Labyrinth