Charter 28 13 Weeks

Charter 28

13 Weeks

Sarah's POV

I ran over to Ruby, ready to go back to the underground.

Ruby had a connection Jareth, she always knew when he was hurt, but she had lost all feeling of him, she couldn't find him anywhere. She said it was like being in a loud room, with thousands of voices, then it all just go silent.

"Sarah," My father called and I looked at him. "You look after him, I think he needs you more than he knows. Be careful." I nodded and took hold of Ruby's arm. Everything went black and I felt the stone floor beneath my feet.

We were in the castle. I had started to walk forwards but Ruby grabbed my arm. "Wait. Something's wrong here." She put her hand against the wall.

"That's not possible..."

"What is it?"

"13 weeks..."

"What?"

"13 weeks, two and a half months... It can't have..."

"Ruby, please explain, I am not good with this whole fragmented sentence thing."

"It's been 13 weeks since we left..."

"Time is different here. It was a few hours for me, but six months here, when I left the first time."

"I know, but I slowed time in the Labyrinth so it should have been the same time for both worlds... Wait, there's something else." She closed her eyes and pushed harder against the wall. After a few moments her eyes shot open. "Vailan..."

My blood chilled. It had whenever I heard his name after that nightmare.

"What?"

"He attacked the castle, that's why the Castle isn't talking to me, he would know if it did, it can only show me a few clips from its memories... Vailan... Is king..."

"What!" I shouted, instantly regretting it. Some shadows, actual, floating, clouds of shadow, came around the corner and... Saw?.. us. They disbursed into streaks and chased us down the halls.

After what felt like forever running, Ruby stopped.

"What are you doing?"

"Stay down." She pushed me to the ground and in one swift movement, reached her arm under her cloak and spun around, dragging a glowing silver blade after her and slicing through both the shadows, causing them to explode in a dark glitter. It happened so fast, I barely saw it.

She lifted her leg bent in front of her, and wiped the blade down on her knee high, black boots she wore under her white dress.

"What?"

"A mix of Imperial Steal, Celestial Bronze and Stygian Iron in the blade, can kill everything, including me." She said, grimacing at the blade and spinning it in her hand whilst moving her arm in a downwards arch and it disappeared under her cape.

She pulled up her hood.

"If... He... Is king." I couldn't say HIS name. "What happened to Jareth?" I asked.

Ruby had lost all contact? What if...

"He's not dead Sarah."

"How do you know?"

"Because if he was, I would have felt it happen, and I would have stopped it."

She stopped short, as if that was something I should understand.

"Let's go find him."

I nodded.

Hi guys, I know this chapter is a little crap, but it seemed needed... for some reason hahaha.

Remember that comments are welcomed.

Thanks for reading

Labyrinth