Chapter 38 We Were A Three

Chapter 38

We Were A Three

Warning: This chapter contains mature/sexual harassment content in graphic detail.

You have been warned.

Sarah's POV

We had fought the battle for what felt like hours, and we were winning, but when those reinforcements came through the door, I knew it was futile.

We were dragged to the front of the room where Vailan sat on the throne. Ruby was knelt in front of him.

"How did you do this?" She spat out the words as if we were still winning.

"Well you see my dear." I shuddered at the echoing sound of his voice. The voice that had haunted many of my dreams. "I knew you would attack eventually, in fact I am surprised it took you this long. I knew you would go to your little panic room first, then the dungeons, then here. I simply... Ambushed... You."

Jareth and Gareth were pushed to their knees, alongside Ruby, which just left me standing.

"It's a shame you never accepted my allegiance Ruby, but from the look on my brothers face and the fact he has watched you since you entered the room, explains why."

He kicked her in the side causing her to crumple over. Jareth and Gareth tried to pull away from the shadows holding them, but were steadied when they saw her stand.

Vailan ignored her like she wasn't even in the room anymore, but I was thankful to not be the only one stood anymore.

"Let go of her." Vailan said, gesturing towards me, unnerving me once again.

The shadow did as he asked and pushed me forwards.

Vailan reached out a hand and placed it on my chin, lifting my head to look where his should have been. His hand felt strange. It wasn't like the other shadows where it was a like a mist landing on your arm. No, his actually felt like a hand. I felt the soft yet at the same time firm skin, and the heat that you would feel on a normal hand. Like the smoke was but a shroud, a mask, hiding what he was yet not actually existing.

"Oh well I can see why my brother likes you so much. All the right curves in all the right places." He ran his hands over my chest, forcing me to look down at the floor, trying not to cry. Jareth and Gareth tried to escape the grip of the shadow holing them, but were stopped by the very distinct sound of Jareth's shoulder popping out of its socket.

Sarah? Jareth's voice was soft in my mind, but I could hear that he was as close to crying as I was.

I'm ok. I didn't know what else to answer with.

"It looks like he has taken advantage of them too." He smiled. "I might try them out for myself." Vailan's hand shifted to and clenched my butt. I tried to stifle the yelp, but some of the sound escaped, causing Jareth to try and escape again.

Suddenly there was a flash of light in front of my face, and Vailan was over the other side of the room. I looked to my side to see Ruby fall to the floor.

Being the only one unbound, I rushed to her side, grabbing her by the shoulders as she rolled over onto her side in pain. She had explained to me that she had next to no power here, because if she did use her power, it would hurt or kill her. It must have taken a lot of power to blast Vailan away from me, without hitting me, to cause as much pain as what she appeared to be in.

Vailan growled as he stood from where he had landed. His smoke shroud was failing and I could just see what appeared to be a normal Fae body. His face flickering, but was hard to see. He growled again when he realised this.

He pointed at me. "Get her away from her. And for Ruby... Get her wings out."

It meant nothing to me, but from the looks and screaming that were coming from the boys, I knew it wasn't good. I tried to resist being pulled away from her, but it was pointless, the shadows were too strong.

"Vailan you can't do this." Gareth pleaded with him, but his cries went unheard.

Ruby was pulled to her knees and a pair of white wings with black tipped feathers sprouted from her back. They were beautiful.

Vailan's shadow flickered again and he glared at Ruby. "I guess I've hidden in the shadows long enough, don't you think Ruby?"

I gasped when he removed his shroud.

"I know, shocking isn't it." He said, clenching his jaw. "Gareth and Jareth weren't born twins, they were born triplets. As for not knowing, you can thank her." He jabbed his finger at Ruby, who looked down with an expression I could only explain as shame.

"You knew we were three, but you made our mother cast me out, told my brothers that they were two. And after all you have done to me, you think you have the right to throw me across the room because of your title?" Vailan walked to the side of her and produced the sword Ruby had given Gareth earlier on. "Let's see how you deal with this little slice." Vailan brought the sword down and Ruby screamed an inhuman scream, so high pitched that I doubt, even if I could cover my ears, it wouldn't make any difference.

Ruby collapsed on to the floor in front of her, her severed wings on the ground behind her.

"Burn those. Can't have her re-spawning them now can we." He pointed at the wings and walked back to the front of the room.

"Throw them in the dungeons, I want them out of my sight." He said, waving his hand at our group, then turned and sat on the throne.

We were all too shocked to resist.

Hi Guys, another dark chapter I know. What did you think To Vailan being a Jareth/Gareth triplet? I hadn't planned to do that originally, but Leah said something about how I should make Gareth a villain, and I got that idea.

Thanks so much for reading everyone, it means the world to me that you guys like my story.

Remember how much I love comments 

Thanks again

Labyrinth