Chapter 15 The Same

Chapter 15

The Same

Jareth's POV

"Are you sure it was him?"

"Yes. Everything Sarah described, the smoke, the castle... the people. She was so scared Gareth." I told my brother, Who was as confused about Sarah's dream of Vailan as I.

"This doesn't make sense."

"I know."

"It's so unlike him."

"I know."

"Why would he do this?"

"If I knew, it would have been optimal of me to say it by now, don't you think?" I snapped.

He was tormenting Sarah, My Sarah. And now of all times. She didn't need this.

Sarah's door opened.

"Jareth?" Sarah poked her head out.

"Sarah, what are you doing out of bed?" I asked, walking through her door, Gareth behind me. Her father was fast asleep on the chair by the bed.

"I can't sleep. And I heard you talking outside."

I walked over to the bed and laid down, hoping it would encourage her to follow, and it did. She laid down beside me and rest her head on my chest.

"I'll do what I can Jareth and report to you later."

I nodded and Gareth disappeared.

"Who was that?" Sarah asked.

I looked down at her confused. Then I realised, I was talking to Gareth through a crystal, Sarah would have heard him, but all she would have seen was a floating crystal.

"That was my brother Gareth. I was telling him about your dream."

She nodded.

"Try and get some sleep. I'll be right here."

I was telling her the truth. I only got up to tell Gareth about her dream. If I hadn't been hard to reach him, I wouldn't have left. And I don't plan to leave her any time soon either.

I looked down again and, sure enough, she was asleep. I closed my eyes and followed her example.

The next morning after we woke up, I took Sarah to the throne room. I had the goblins move the piano there so she could play it more often. We sat at the piano and she stroked the kays, like she had done when we first sat here.

I played the first three notes of 'as the world falls down' and she played the next few.

We played together for the rest of the song, but her heart wasn't in it. Something was upsetting her. So I did something I told myself I wouldn't do, but she was worrying me. I looked into her mind. She was picturing Vailan's castle. Mainly a woman outside, who was cradling her own leg.

I wrapped my arms around her, and pulled her close to me. No one should have to see what she saw, no one.

Sarah's father walked in with Toby and she perked up a little. She stood from the piano, taking Toby from her father and walking towards the window.

"Is she ok?" Her father asked.

"I don't know." I answered honestly. "She barely talks, won't eat, the only time she really reacts to something is when she is holding Toby." I stood, walking to her father.

"It was definitely Vailan."

"How can you be so sure?" Her father asked, looking at me confused.

"Because the castle, the people, everything is the same as..."

I had said to much.

"The same as what Jareth?"

I looked him in the eyes.

"The same as the ones I've been having."

Hi guys, just thought I'd torment you some more by revealing nothing but the last bit.

Still, I like the chapter.

What do you think?

Thanks for reading

Labyrinth