Chapter 29 She's More Powerful Than She Thought

Chapter 29

She's More Powerful Than She Thought

Sarah's POV

Me and Ruby had been walking around the castle with no luck in finding Jareth, or any of the goblins.

"If only we could get into the Labyrinth."

"Why?" I asked, surely if we went into the Labyrinth with Vailan as king, we'd never come back out again.

"The Labyrinth chooses the king, not the other way around. All the goblins will be in the labyrinth because it will still be under Jareth's control. Only three people in all worlds can control the Labyrinth, one from each world, that's how it's always been."

"Who are they, maybe we can ask their help."

She looked at me confused.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You really don't know how powerful you are do you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Trust Jareth not to explain." She sighed. "The Labyrinth needs three people to rule over it. The Goblin King, Jareth, In the underground. The Matriarch Of the Highgrounds, Myself.

And, The one chosen from the aboveground is usually the human that The Goblin King falls in love with. You see, when a Fae falls in love, they never will again, it is eternal. So who better to choose from the aboveground, than someone that will love the Labyrinth and everything about it, than you.

In your case, you also defeated the Labyrinth, so your more powerful than all of us, you just don't know how to use your power."

"But I thought you were the most powerful being in creation, or at least that's what Jareth said."

"In the Highgrounds yes. But my power's strength is dependent on where I am, well... no... not really, I still have the same power, but there are things that, when I am in the Highgrounds, would only take a flick of my wrist. If I was to do them here, it could kill me, so I do my best not to use my power here. I have enough combat training to protect myself if anyone was stupid enough to attack me. But people generally don't because the situation with my power is a closely guarded secret."

"Hence the swords."

She smiled. "Yes. They are one of the very few things that could kill me. The swords, Myself, and something else I am not worried about. So I am virtually immortal."

"Don't you worry about someone getting them off of you and killing you?"

She chuckled and pulled one out. "Here take it." She said holding it out to me.

"Eah..."

"It's ok." She smiled.

Warily I took the sword from her, and it just... poofed... When I looked up, Ruby was holding it.

"Awesome."

"It is pretty cool yeah." She smiled. There is that above ground language again.

"I can control it too. If I am to be taken hostage, I can make it so that they can take the blade and put it to the side, then, when they least expect it, I can summon it. Or, if I lose it in battle, I can cause it to burn the hand of the one holding it."

"Ouch..."

"Yeah, It is pretty ouch actually." Said a voice behind us, scaring me half to death. I turned, expecting to see a shadow, but instead I saw a man, with two blue eyes and long blond hair.

"Gareth." Ruby said, hugging him. Wait...she has more emotions? Other than confidence and smugness?
I smiled to myself.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to help you guys. I knew you were back."

"How?" Ruby asked confused. Wow... She gets confused too. I thought she had all the answers.

"You were thinking of me." He said, holding his hand in front of him to show the light scar across the palm.

Funny, I hadn't noticed it before.

He noticed I was looking at it and waved his hand slightly. "How do you think I know it hurts to hold one of her blades without her permeation."

"Ouch..."

"Ouch indeed..."

"Now. First thing first. Have you heard from my brother?"

"We thought he was with you."

"No. When That ass hat took over, he... 'kept'... him, somewhere in the castle. We have been trying to get back in to rescue him, but the castle in impenetrable. I think I was only able to get in because you were thinking of me and all three of you are here."

All three? Oh yeah, I forgot I was supposed to be important somehow...

"Now, I know he's not anywhere in the north or east halls."

"How?" I asked, "If you haven't been able to get in, how do you know he's not there."

"His abilities have been dulled down, but Ruby is not the only one with a connection to my twin. When Ass Hat is distracted, I can talk to Jareth. He is also trying to pinpoint where he is. The castle is helping where it can, but it's being kept on a tight leash."

"Why do you keep calling him ass hat? Not that I'm objecting." I asked, honestly I couldn't agree more, Vailan is an ass hat, I just wondered.

"Because, he cast a spell on whoever was in the underground when he took over. We cannot say his name lest we put King in front of it... Well we can... If we want excruciating pain. And I will not call him my king."

"Neither will I." Ruby chimed in.

"Right, now we've got that sorted, let's go find my brother. I'll take the west halls, You and Sarah take the south."

Ruby nodded. "Stay in touch." She said, making a slight hand gesture from her fore head to his.

"Will do." He said. They looked at each other for a little while longer, then Ruby watched as Gareth walked away.

Don't worry Jareth, were coming for you.

I Know. The reply startled me.

"Jareth?" Ruby turned to look at me.

"You hear him?"

I nodded.

Hi Guys, another chapter of information that will be important later, plus the fact that I get pissed when I read a book where someone gets kidnapped but they've found them by the end of the chapter. Sorry.  I would also like to thank amcelestine for adding this chater to their reading list, and Jarethismyking for onceagain voting and commenting. This is how I know if im any good. :-) 

 Comments are welcomed, of course.

Thanks for reading

Labyrinth