Chapter 26 Breakfast

Chapter 26

Breakfast

Sarah's POV

"What do you mean your not coming with us?" My father asked. I had just told him that he could go home, and that I was taking him, but wasn't staying.

"I don't fit in there anymore dad, I never really did, you know that. But here, I do. Here I can be helpful."

"Just answer me one thing."

I nodded.

"When you first came here, you weren't exactly welcomed. But now... what I'm trying to say is, is it because of him?"

I just looked at him stunned, I didn't think he knew about us, I mean, I know he knows about us being close, but I didn't think he knew we were that close.

"He's a factor in it, but no, I have more friends here than back home, and I like here."

He nodded. "I don't mind, I know you guys are a big part of each other, I just wanted to make sure you were doing this for the right reasons."

I smiled as he hugged me. I'd miss my father, but Jareth said I may still be able to visit the aboveground, and with the time difference, 20 years to my father would be 1000 to me, so he may not even miss me.

My father let go of me, and we left for breakfast. We had agreed that we would go to the aboveground after breakfast. My father didn't want to leave me but, he also didn't want to stay. Jareth had said he could visit any time he wanted, and so could Toby when he gets older. So I was happy about that.

Jareth had given me a lot of time to say goodbye, which I was thankful for.

We walked into the hall where we were having breakfast and Jareth, Gareth and Ruby smiled. I was talking to Ruby when Jareth put a hand on my father's shoulder and left the hall with him. I went to follow but Ruby caught my arm and shook her head lightly, then returned to the conversation.

Jareth's POV

Whilst Ruby and Sarah were talking, I asked to speak to Robert and lead him out the room.

"Robert, I'd just like to say that Sarah is not staying because I..." He stopped me.

"I know Jareth, don't tell her I told you this, but I'm actually glad she's staying. I don't want her to stay here because I don't want her, but because, when she walks around this place, she's happy, when she sees you... she's happy. All I want is for her to be happy, and if leaving her here is what it takes, then that's what I'll do." He finished and I relaxed a little. At least he doesn't think I am forcing her to stay.

"But..." He started, stern look on his face. "If you hurt my daughter in any way so help me god, human or not, I'll throw you in the bog of eternal stench."

I looked a little shocked, I had never been threatened with the bog before, but he meant it.

"Not that I know what that is... but still."

"I believe you," I said, chuckling a little.

"Good." He started to walk back inside, but I stopped him.

"Just one more thing."

Hi guys, just a little filler chapter, but it might be important layer I haven't really made my mind up yet.

Comments are welcomed

Thanks for reading