Chapter 4: Girlfriend

Billie opened the car door and helped you inside. You were nervous but excited for it's not everyday you get into a car with Billie Joe Armstrong. He puts the car into gear and begins to  drive you to his place.  You try and hide your smile as Billie starts the car and drives off.  He puts his hand onto your lap and smiles; hie eyes glisten. 

You smile back as as you take his hand in yours for a second, before he places his hand back onto the steering wheel.  The road is dark and you can't see much, only as far a the headlights reach, but you trust Billie. In fact you trust him with your life, god knows he'd saved it many times before.  One minute, you're in the crowd singing along to every one of his lyrics, and then the next minute you're sat beside him in his car.

 "So when does your tour finish?" You ask, trying to spark up a conversation as you were finding the silence awkward.

"It was the last show tonight. I'm so glad it's over, I'm so tired." He looked over at you. "Thank you for making the last night so much better." You smile, your cheeks blushing bright red. You can't ignore how caring and sweet Billie was. You had always believed that the media gave really bad impressions of him sometimes. You felt incredibly lucky that he had picked you. You were the one out of a million girls in the crowd, that he could have chose. "We're nearly at the house now." He says as you see street-lamps appearing in the distance.  

The street was filled with large houses, all which were dark as no lights were on inside. O f course then you realised it was nearly one in the morning; yet you weren't at all tired. In fact, you were more wide awake than ever. 'Who'd be up at this time in the morning. Oh wait ...  us.'  You think to yourself, smiling still, as Billie pulled up in the driveway of big house. His house. 

Billie helps you out of the car as you stare at it in awe. He let out a little chuckle as you stare at it. "You okay?" He asked, placing his hand gently on your back. 

"Yeah..." You said slowly. "You actually live here?" You asked him in disbelief. He nodded smiling. You couldn't believe it. You thought back to your childhood, and the heartache that you endured, and how you wished that you'd had something like this growing up. You continued to stare at it even more as Billie wrapped his arm fully your waist, and proceeded to open the front door.  

You felt the warmth hit your face as you stepped inside. Along the walls of the hallways was shelves with various awards he'd won. They looked so shiny and new. ' 50 Sexiest People in Rock (#1)'  one of them read  as you immediately think 'Well they got that right.'  You carried on along the shelves before turning see Billie smiling. "What?" You asked. 

"Nothing." He smiled. "Here let me show you round."  He holds out his arm which you obviously take.  The inside was bigger than the outside. You were speechless by the end of the tour and found yourself wondering how he could afford a place like this; even as a successful musician. 

He led you to the kitchen were  he pulled you out a stool.  He made you a tea (**A/n: Or whatever drink you want. I'm British and obsessed with tea.**)   "So, what do you think of the place?"  He asked as he made himself a coffee. "It's amazing! You're lucky ... all I have is an apartment with one bedroom, a tiny kitchen, a bathroom and the smallest living room." You laughed before continuing to look around the kitchen. You realised that Billie was actually quite tidy, which surprised you as he was a star, which meant he could do whatever you wanted and you thought he'd make loads of mess.  He sat beside you at the counter and drank his coffee.  "So tell me a bit about yourself,  (Y/n)." 

"Well what's there to say? I grew up just down the road from here, with my parent's before they died in a car crash when I was about 14. After that I went to live with my best friend, who lived next door. Then eventually, she got married to my brother, who hates me, and they have kids together." You stopped and looked into your cup.  "And look at me, what have I got?"" You sighed, feeling ashamed of yourself. "I am looking at you." said Billie, placing his hand on your back. "And I see something amazing." You look up and smile. "I'm glad somebody does." You laughed before Billie said. "Did you come to the concert with your friend??" 

You shook your head. "No. Her and my Brother are to busy playing happy families to care about me. "Because my brother doesn't like me, she doesn't either. So, I'm all alone." 

 "God." He said, sighing. "Listen to me; they don't deserve  you, you're a wonderful person, and they're not worth it." A smile slowly spreads across you face as Billie takes you're hand. "(Y/n)? Can I ask you something?" He looks at you, nervously. "Are you, like, my girlfriend?"

Your heart begins beating fast. "Do you want me to be?"  You ask Billie smiling as he leans in close to you.  "Yes." He admitted, giving an awkward laugh. 

"Then, I guess I am." He beamed at you, before kissing you. It felt so right in so many ways.