Chapter 26: He's not here

**ANOTHER SPEED FORWARD**

It had been a whole 9 months since Joseph and Jakob had been born, thankfully, they weren't identical. In that time, Amelia had also turned two, Ollie had already looked after the boys a few times, Mike and Brittany had also announced their pregnancy and Tre and (Y/B/F/N) had a new baby girl, who was 3 months old. 

But apart from all of this, things hadn't been so great between you and Billie, you had hardy seen him these last 2 months and the kids were missing their dad. 

The guys always had meet -ups as they'd been working on their new album You understood they'd been working hard but when the other guys had gone home Billie hadn't. So when you rang the studio and their manager told you that he'd left hours ago with the other guys. You didn't know what to do. 

You told the kids that "Daddy's working very hard at the moment, he's trying to get home but he's so busy, he always comes to kiss you goodnight when you're asleep."  This wasn't a lie, he did always kiss them when he came home, but not you, not anymore. 

You were raising these three children single-handedly and as difficult and lonely as it felt, you stayed strong because you didn't want the kids to know that something was wrong. They might had been young but they know these things, kids always do.

You had put all three kids to bed and finally after them all asking "When's daddy coming home?" They were all fast asleep. You went downstairs, got yourself a coffee and watched TV.  As you flicked through the channels, your phone began ringing. It was Brittany. 

"Hey! How's the future mother?" You ask.

"I'm good. How are you." She asked, you could hear Mike in the background.

"I'm good, just trying to find something to watch on TV."

"Hang on." She said, you heard muttering before she said "Mike wants to know if Billie says it's alright for Mike to leave early tomorrow because we've got a scan." 

You sighed. "I'll get him to text you." 

"Isn't he there?" She asked. 

"No."  There was a moment of silence before she said:

"You're on speaker. So, he's not a home?"

"Nope." 

"But, we finished in the studio four hours ago." Mike said.

"He's doing this a lot lately. The kids want their dad."

"You know I'll ask him tomorrow about the scan." Mike spoke.

You looked out the window. It was Billie's car. 

"I've got to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow."  You said your goodbyes and hung up. He walked through the door, like nothing was going on. 

"Stop right there." 

He looked at you. 

"You got a lot of explaining to do!"