Chapter 27: Don't you dare walk out that door

"You've got a lot of explaining to do!" You said, getting closer to him. You could smell the alcohol on him. "Did you drive?" 

"Yes. I need to kiss my kids goodnight." 

"Not like this. What's going on Billie?" 

"Nothing!" He snapped. 

"Yes it is! I know you leave the studio when Mike and Tre do but they go home and you don't. Why?" 

"Because I don't!" 

"That's not good enough!" 

He just looked straight through you. You could feel the tears welling up in your eyes.  You couldn't believe what was happening. In your two years of marriage this was your worst argument and you weren't even shouting. 

"Those kids, need their dad. Do you have any idea how they feel when you're not there at night when they go to bed and when you're not there when they wake up?" 

He continued to look straight through you. 

"You will break this family apart if you don't stop this. This is the fifth time you've come home drunk! It's not fair on those kids!" Now you were crying but he didn't really notice.

"I don't want to break this family apart, that's the last thing I want to do! But I can't do this anymore!" He began shouting.

"What do you mean?" 

"I can't be a dad. Not the dad they deserve." He ran upstairs. 

You ran after him, tears streaming down your face. You followed him into your room to see him bagging up his clothes. 

"What are you doing?" You asked. 

"Getting out your hair." He said. "I wasn't made to be a dad, (Y/n)."

He ran downstairs, you following and he headed towards the door, without a word of goodbye. 

"You can't go now! You can't leave those kids, they need you! You can't leave me to raise them on my own." You sobbed, as he walked towards the door. "Don't you dare walk out that door.

"You'll get over it." Without another word, he walked out and drove away. 

You collapsed onto the floor. "No!" You sobbed. Every bone in your body hurt, your heart hurt. "Please don't leave me!" You cried, knowing it was too late. 

You picked up the phone and dialled the number of the only person you could think of. Ollie. 

She answered and you broke down in tears again. "He's gone." You sobbed down the phone.