Chapter 34: Birthday Party

You awoke to Joey and Jakob screaming as they wanted clamber onto your and Billie's bed. 

 "Bertday! Bertday!" They shouted as they couldn't pronounce the word properly.  You both laughed as they jumped up and down on the bed.  

Billie grabbed the presents from the corner.   You placed your head on Billie's shoulder as you sat and helped them open presents.

"J-J" Said Jakob, passing him another present. 

They were so good with each other, it was adorable. You couldn't believe that they were 1 year old already, it only felt like yesterday you had given birth and then discovered you were having twins right after Joseph was born. 

After all the presents were opened Amelia came running in with a huge smile on her face and two pieces of paper.  "Happy Birthday!" She said, handing them a piece of paper each. You held out the piece of paper for Joey to see as Billie did the same from Jakob.  It was a picture she had drawn of him and Jakob unwrapping the presents. 

"Give Amelia a kiss." I said as Joey held out his arms and gently kissed Amelia, then Jakob also kissing her. 

Joey and Jakob both smiled at the pictures, Jakob showing his off to Billie. 

"Isn't that amazing?" Billie said smiling at the picture before inviting Amelia to sit on the bed as well.

Later on in the day, everyone had arrived, Mike, Tré, Brittany, (Y/B/F/N), Ollie and Anne, Billie's sister. They were all crowding around Joey and Jakob, giving them presents and watching their delighted faces as they opened them. 

"Shall I get the cake ready?" Asked Billie as you nodded. By this time, everyone had left from around Joey and Jakob and were scattered around the living. 

"Happy Birthday to you." Everyone then joined, "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday Joey-and-Jakob, Happy birthday to you."

Everyone clapped as Amelia blew out the candles because the boys didn't have the strength yet. 

Billie then cut the cake and handed everyone a slice as the boys sat oblivious to everyone else, playing with their toys.