seventy nine ; denouement

you guys gave me 50k reads, so now i'm givinG YOU ACTUAL SMUT YOU'RE WELCOME MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY HANUKKAH (it's not till the end of the hella long chapter but still) HAPPY BIRTHDAY ENJOY

also i really like this chapter a lot it's probably one of my favorite out of the whole book i feel like it was g9 so yeah hopefully you guys like it as much as i do

-

it's ten in the morning the following day when the light streaming in through the large window of the hotel room - stretching out behind the thick curtains - hits josh's face.

he wakes up when the persistent rays of light become somewhat of a nuisance. his tired eyes slowly blink open and quickly glare towards the window. of all times for the weather to be decent.

tucked under his arm, head resting on his shoulder, is mia. her dark curls fan out on josh's chest and on his arm - on top of his forearm that's wrapped around mia's shoulders. he takes a small glance at her and for a brief second, admires how angelic she looks when she's sleeping. her long eyelashes cast a shadow against her cheekbones and her full lips part ever so slightly.

this is probably the latest josh has been able to sleep all tour. the late night shows and the early morning activities usually keep his entire day packed of motion, so it makes his body relax knowing that there isn't any place that he needs to go. he can just enjoy morning cuddles with his girl.

speaking of mia, a heavy exhale slips through her lips as the light casts an illumination on her face as well. it brings her out of a peaceful sleep, her eyes slowly opening.

josh glances down at her. a minuscule, half-hearted smile on his face. "hi."

she whimpers in protest - of josh's voice and the sun hitting her face and just the fact that she's awake. "no, shut up."

a low, sleep-ridden chuckle passes josh's lips. "good morning to you, too. i forgot how much of a morning person you were."

"hey, sarcasm is my thing."

"oh, so you're gonna talk to me?" he muses back, poking mia between her shoulders blades. "thought you wanted me to shut up?"

mia hides her face against josh's shoulder. it shields her from the incoming sunlight, providing a comforting darkness to close her eyes in. "i changed my mind."

"sleep good, love?"

"mhm," her quiet mumble is muffled by josh's shoulder. he's sleeping without a shirt - much to mia's liking - so she can feel his warm skin against her face.

"s'good. it's..." josh pauses to pick his head up and look at the bedside table where a modern looking alarm clock sits, the red lights creating the shapes of numbers. "ten. looks like we slept in for a bit, huh?"

to mia, who didn't fall asleep until a little bit after two in the morning, this is not sleeping in. however it's better than most days on tour when she's forced to wake up anywhere between seven and eight.

"i guess. i'm still tired, though. maybe we could sleep for longer?" she suggests this with an innocent smile, the kind that josh has to melt over.

he makes a face that shows his displeasure, directed towards the window. "there's no way i'll be able to fall asleep with the frickin' sun in my face."

mia pushes at his chest weakly. "then go close the curtain, idiot."

"but i'm so comfy."