eighty three ; the jia soundtrack

"daddy loves you so much," cooes josh, a grin on his face.

mia looks at him oddly. "josh that's weird, cut it out."

he frowns. "but daddy loves his kitten."

she rolls her eyes. "you make it sound so kinky when you call yourself daddy."

josh let's out a heavy sigh and turns his head back to winston the cat. "i think she's just jealous," he says in a mock whisper, hugging the grey cat on his shoulder.

"yeah, that's it," she replies sarcastically. her eyes go back to the road ahead.

once their flight landed in columbus,
the first thing josh wanted to do was go to his parents house to pick up the cat. while on tour, winston was left at the dun's house, and josh was very adamant about picking him up as soon as they got back to columbus.

"i missed you so much," muses josh in his talking-to-the-cat voice. its an octave higher and sounds like the sugary sweet tone you'd use when talking to a baby. he has the cat cuddles up on his chest and shoulder, strong arms cradling it.

it's almost midnight and mia's driving the car. the dark stretch of expressway pans out in front of her, serving as the only guidelines as to where she's going. josh is too busy fawning over winston to help with directions, so she's left with her phone gps.

"baby?"

"who are you taking to - me, or the cat?"

josh laughs sarcastically. "ha ha. very funny. seriously - i gotta ask you something kinda important."

"okay," replies mia. "ask away."

he sighs heavily with worry, like what he's about to ask her is a heavy weighing question.

"what flavor cake do you want to have at our wedding?"

"you're such a loser," mia giggles. "i thought you said it was gonna be a serious question?"

"it is! i wanna know!" insists josh.

she hums in thought. "vanilla funfetti. y'know, with the sprinkles in the cake batter?"

he has a big, cheeky grin on his lips and he's staring at her. "that's so cute. funfetti it is. speaking of our wedding--"

"are you gonna make me talk about this for the hour left of the drive?"

"mhm, how'd you know?" asks josh sarcastically with mock surprise.

mia rolls her eyes. "cause it's you."

affectionately, he scratches the purring cat's head. "maybe a spring wedding. or a summer one? how fast do you think you can plan a wedding?"

"considering the fact that i've never had one," drawls out the brunette, her hands resting comfortably on the steering wheel. "i'd say...ten years. give or take a couple months."

josh tsks. "that's not funny."

"kinda was," she replies, grinning.

he lets out a heavy sigh, muttering a drawled out, "anyways," before shifting in the passenger's seat so that he's facing mia better. "i wanna marry you a.s.a.p. like we need to put this on rush order, express mail, priority shipping."