The fight and the flight

Cathrine

Angrily we activated the bombs and rushed to avoid the blast. Chewie went on ahead to get the flacon ready to fly. Rey, Finn, Jinn and I walked slowly still in shock at what we had just witnessed.

A few minutes later, their path to the falcon was blocked. Kylo Ren stood in our way. Pounding his side as if it showed that his wound only made him stronger he ordered us to halt.

Upon seeing him Rey was filled with anger raised her blaster prepared to shoot Kylo where he stood. However, Kylo used the force and flung her agents a tree.

"Rey!" Finn called he was about to rush to her side when he heard Kylo Ren igniting his lightsaber.

"That lightsaber belongs to me." Kylo Ren stated pointing at the lightsaber at Finn's side.

"You want it? Come and get it!" Finn replied angrily.

"Finn don't." I warned but as usual no one he listened to me. Instead he ignited the lightsaber and stood prepared to battle Kylo Ren. I shook my head and sighed. This wasn't going to end well.

Kylo POV

"I'm going to kill you traitor." I growled heading in Finn's direction. The two fought for several minutes before I delt a blow slashing Finn across the chest the lightsaber sent flying into a nearby snow bank.

I put his lightsaber away and turned his attention to the one that had landed in a nearby snowbank. Extending my hand towards it. "Like I said, that weapon belongs to me." I said stepping over Finn's body. I replied extended my hand trying to use the force to call the lightsaber into my hand. Much to my surprise, it flew past him into Rey's waiting arm. The girl with my grandfather's lightsaber smiled. I could tell that she found this situation interesting. Stepping aside she allowed Rey to advance.

The two of them fought vigorously."I could kill you right now you know." I said to Rey as they circled each other.

"Then why don't you?" Rey challenged.

"It doesn't have to be this way. There is another way. You need a teacher. Let me instruct you in the ways of the force." I replied.

"Your a monster." Rey replied back with a frown.

"That all depends on your perspective. I can teach you and your friend the ways of the force. If you'd only let me." I replied.

"I don't need to be taught. Especially not by you." Rey replied. "Neither does Catherine."

"Speak for yourself Rey. I don't need anyone making decisions for me." Just as the girl was about to advance she was shot in the leg and side by a nearby Stormtrooper.

I sighed and they continued to fight. The girl Rey used her anger to ultimately deal a blow that caused Me to collapse into a snowbank. Once she was sure that I was down she Rey rushed over to Finn.

Rey POV

Finn?" She cried shaking him to no effect. Chewie rushed to her side to help load him onto the falcon. "Come on Catherine!" I called to her but Catherine shook her head. "Go! I'll be fine!"

"But." Rey started to argue.

"Go!!" Catherine replied with more force. "You can't save both Finn and me. I know what he means to you. Now go!" Catherine replied slumping down into the nearby snowbank.

Chewie ushered Me aboard. "We can't leave her." I insisted but they didn't have a choice. It was either take off right then, or be destroyed.

Leia POV

Meanwhile, back at the resistance base Christina and Leia felt a rush of pain when Han died. "Somethings not right." She said and Chrsitina nodded. However, they didn't have time to deal with the emotional distress they had felt. They were in the middle of a battle they had to make sure they won. The only thing they could do was pray that their gut feeling were wrong. That everyone was fine. "Get out of there." she ordered Poe and the other fighters but Poe refused to obey that order.

"Sorry General, but I can't do that. I'm not leaving here without my friends." Poe replied. A few minutes later the falcon flew overhead. "Ok guys lets get on out of here!" Poe replied.

Third person POV

Meanwhile, back on the remains of star killer base I anxiously awaited orders from the Supreme leader. "Go, get Kylo Ren and come to me. It seems, Kylo might have been right about the girl all along."

A few minutes later, I found Lord Ren and ushered him onto the ship. He was badly wounded and the medial droid wasn't sure if he'd make it. Lord Ren however, wasn't the only one brought aboard the ship. "Sir we discovered one of the resistance fighters injured near where we found Lord Ren. Shall we leave her to die? She's badly injured." I asked via comlink.

"No. She shall be held accountable for her crimes agents The First Order. Bring her and Ren on board immediately." General Hux replied.

"Right away sir!" I replied carrying the wounded unconscious resistance fighter onboard. Hux recognized her immediately.

"If it isn't our guest. I shall at last get the chance to break her sprit." Hux replied with a smile.

Leia POV

Meanwhile, back at the resistance base everyone was celebrating. That is everyone except Rey, Christina and I . "Where is Catherine?" She asked worriedly.

"She was badly injured during the escape. She opted to stay behind so that we might rescue Finn." Rey replied.

Christina looked at Me worriedly. "Do you think she'll be ok?"

I closed my eyes for a moment and then sighed. "I don't know Christina. I can honestly say, I don't know. I hope so." I replied.