A sad goodbye, a daring escape, and a cruel murder.

Han POV

Meanwhile, at the resistance base Chewie, Finn and I were making final preparations for their journey. I was scolding Chewie and then turning to Finn I warned "be careful with those crates those are explosives."

"What? Why didn't you tell me that earlier?" Finn asked nervously.

"Didn't want to make you worry." I replied with a shrug.

"I always hated watching you leave." Leia said and I smiled.

"That's why I left, so you would miss me." I replied. Then becoming serious I asked "it wasn't all bad was it? I mean, sure we fought a lot, I left a lot, but it wasn't all bad right? We did have good times?" I questioned.

"No, it wasn't all bad. You drove me crazy, but it wasn't all bad." Leia replied.

"Leia there's something I've been meaning to say to you." But Leia cut him off by placing a finger on his lips.

"You can tell me when you get back. Oh and Han, if you see our son bring him home." Leia replied. I nodded though I doubted that I'd be able to fulfill her request.

As Finn Chewie and I flew towards Star Killer Base Finn was asked "I forgot to ask earlier but how are we planning on getting in?"

"All planetary shields have a safety precaution that causes anything traveling slower lightspeed to be blocked from getting through the shields." I explained and Finn nodded.

"Yeah, I understand that part, what I don't understand is how We are going to get past the shields?" Finn replied.

"It's simple we won't be traveling slower then lightspeed." I replied causing Finn to look at Me in shock.

"We are going to make the approach at Lightspeed? No ones ever done that before! It's crazy. It can't be done at least no ones ever done it that I am aware of." Finn replied.

"Well we are going too." I replied. "Better strap in. Chewie get ready. And here we go. A few minutes later, they were past the shields. Chewie whined at me to pull up. "I am pulling up any higher and we will be spotted." I replied. After a few minutes the falcon crash landed. As they got out they discussed how to get onto the base.

"We can use the tunnel." Finn replied.

"Are you sure it won't be guarded?" I asked worriedly.

"That would defeat it's purpose." Finn replied.

"How do you know that anyway? You said you were stationed here. What area exactly did you work in?" I asked warily.

"Sanitation." Finn replied.

"Sanitation?" I repeated in disbelief. "Then how do you know how to turn off the shield?" I demanded.

"Well, I ahh. I don't. I'm only here to rescue Rey." Finn replied.

"People are counting on us! The Galaxy is counting on us!" I replied irritatedly.

"Solo we will figure it out. We will use the force." Finn replied.

I frowned "that's not how the force works!" I replied smacking him upside the head.
Chewie sensing a fight groaned. "Oh? Now your cold?" I scoffed in disbelief.

"Follow me." Finn whispered.

As they entered the facility I commented "the longer we are here the less luck we will get."