Chapter 8- Stan and Caci

Stan's POV

Kyle and I were sitting across from Caci and Chasiti in the apartment they shared along with their other two friends. Caci had her laptop set up on their coffee table, and she was typing up some of the things we were going to use on our poster.

By the way, I really hate our history teacher Mr.Griffin. He was lecturing us for the entire class and then one minute before the bell rings he says, "Just so we're clear the groups you all are in now are required to have a poster and presentation ready in two days. Except, you aren't allowed to work on the poster in class tomorrow only your presentation."

"Well, s**t." I cursed facing Kyle. As soon as we were out in the hallway, Kyle walked up to the name tag by the classroom door and flipped it off.

Caci walked over to us, "We can work on the poster at our apartment afterschool."

Chasiti stood next to her, "I thought we were going to eat afterschool."

"We still are but we still have to do the stupid project." Caci replied.

So, here we are working on our d**n project. Kyle was calling out ideas for Caci to type while I was helping Chasiti write out a supply list. Our list actually looked like chicken scratch since our handwriting was terrible.

"Hey guys, do you care if me and Chasiti run to the store to get some supplies?" I asked.

Kyle shook his head, "Caci and I can head to the library while you guys do that."

"We can take my car." Caci said while grabbing her car keys. "Are you guys going to walk?"

"I parked my car in the parking lot." I answered.

We were about to leave when Kade came out of the room she shared with Jon. She wore a sports bra and shorts. She stopped when she realized we were all staring at her. "Sup?" She asked, "I was just going to the gym after I figured out where my iPad went."

Caci started dying laughing, "You were going to the gym?!?!"

"Maybe, it's probably going to me more of a workout just to get there. Anyway, have you seen my iPad?" Kade asked.

Chasiti answered, "Did you check Jon's bed?"

Kade went back into her room and reappeared seconds later with her iPad. "You didn't tell me you were having people over, I would have put something on over what I'm wearing."

Caci stopped laughing and answered, "I texted you about it a few minutes ago, I didn't know you were already home!"

Kade started to argue, "I didn't get a text..." She was interrupted by a phone playing "Carry on My Wayward Son." She pulled her phone out and read aloud, "BTW, Stan and Kyle are coming over. Please don't do anything weird or stupid." She looked up from her phone, "To late now." She walked out of the front door or the apartment, slamming the door behind her.

We all stood in place processing what happened for a few minutes. Chasiti shoved us all out the door before anything else crazy could happen.

Caci's POV

Kyle and I were driving to the library to research our project, I was thinking about what Kyle had said earlier.

"So just so we're clear, Caitlyn Jenner isn't a hero?" I asked.

Kyle sighed, "I was forced to say that back in fourth grade by a stupid organization."

"I thought you said Stan's dad was part it." I exclaimed.

"That's exactly why it was stupid." Kyle stated.

"Okay then." I answered.

"Maybe you should pay attention to the road." Kyle said.

I smirked, "I'm trying to, your hotness is what's distracting me."

Kyle frowned, "Stop flirting with me." I could tell he wanted me to keep going though.

I smiled, "Why, you started it?"

Kyle scoffed, "How did I start it?"

"You set your self up by saying I should pay attention to my driving." I answered.

"Whatever." Kyle replied. He looked up at the road. "Turn here and then the destination should be on the left."

"Thanks Google Maps." I answered.

"I hate you." Kyle replied.

I looked over at him innocently, "If you hate me then why are you going on a date with me on Friday?"

Kyle stared to say something but he stopped himself. I turned my attention back to the road with a smirk. I pulled into the parking lot of the library and we both got out. Kyle walked ahead of me towards the doors.

"I'm driving on the way back."He exclaimed.

"That's fine." I replied.

Kyle stopped in his tracks and turned around to face me. "Why did you agree to that so quickly?"

I smiled, "I heard that you have an explosive temper."

Kyle raised an eyebrow, "Who did you here that from?"

"Kenny, we have honors biology last period together." I answered.

Kyle frowned, "If you get a phone call about a murder happening in the crappy part of town tonight, ignore it." For some reason he started to blush, "Since you don't know your way around here, do you mind if I..." He trailed off.

"Mind if you...?" I asked.

Kyle started blushing. He grabbed my hand, whirled around, and half-led, half-dragged me through the doors of the library and the rest of the building. He stopped when we reached the center of the library where there were wooden tables and chairs were set up. Kyle let go of my hand, and we sat down at one of the tables. "Do you want to split up and meet back here if we find anything?"

"Sure," I answered. "Why did we decide to do our project on Auschwitz?"

Kyle shrugged, "It seemed easy at the time."

"I'm just going to blame it on Stan." I exclaimed.

"Works for me. Kyle replied. He walked off in one direction and I started walking the other way. I had walked a good distance when I realized I probably should have asked where the non-fiction section was. Crap.

AN: Thanks for reading!!