Chapter 42- Kyle and Caci

Kyle's POV

     I have to go back to school.

     "What the h*ll do you mean?" I asked, exasperated. There was no way I'm going back to school now.

     "Do not swear at me Kyle Isaiah Broflovski. If your girlfriend is going back to school today then so will you."

     "But she only broke her arm, Ma! I broke BOTH my legs!" I exclaimed.

     "You'll be fine Kyle!" She insisted, handing me my bag. "Now go head outside. Stan's driving you to school today. I love you bubby."

     I rolled my eyes but started wheeling myself towards the front door. "Love you to Ma," I said as I opened the door and rolled outside.

     Stan had his car pulled into our driveway. "Hey, dude!" He exclaimed as I approached.

     "Hey." I replied with a sigh.

     "Aw come on Kyle. Just because you're in a wheel chair doesn't mean the entire day is going to suck."

     "Yes, it does," I said as I threw my bag into the front seat of Stan's truck.

     "Here, I'll help you," Stan said as he picked me up and set me in the front seat.

     "I could have made it myself if you didn't drive a f**king truck!" I exclaimed as I buckled myself in.

     "Don't insult Steve!" Stan exclaimed as he folded up my wheel chair and set it in the back. "And no you couldn't of Kyle. You had trouble getting in even with working legs."

     "Let's just go so I can get today over with." I sighed.

     "Cheer up dude. It won't suck as bad as you think."

*****

     Since I was in a wheelchair, Stan and I had to take the elevator up to class. "Nice to have you back Kyle," Garrison said as we entered the classroom.

     "Yeah, I guess." I sighed as I got to my desk.

     The usual influx of students began to pour in three minutes before the bell to start homeroom. "OH MY GOD I HATE PEOPLE!!" A familiar voice exclaimed as she wormed her way through the crowd of people blocking the doorway.

     "Same." Chasiti said as she followed behind her, carrying two backpacks.

     "Kyle!!" Caci exclaimed, hurrying over to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and squeezed me.

     "It's nice to see you too." I laughed, slinging an arm around her waist.

     Chasiti rolled her eyes, "You never have that reaction when you see me." She said as she set both bags on their lab table.

     "Because you're usually like don't touch me," Caci replied, letting go of me.

     "Yeah, whatever."

     "Stop being jelly." Caci laughed.

     "I wasn't. I was stating the truth."

     "What took you guys so long?" I asked my girlfriend. "You guys are usually here earlier."

     "Well, we would have been early like usual if there weren't a group of morons standing in the band hallway who weren't in band!!" She exclaimed. I laughed. Caci was always annoyed when non-band people went in their hallway. She'd always complain to me when it happened.