Chapter 55- Chasiti and Kenny

Chasiti

     "If you believe that I am connected then I am. If you believe that I am not connected then I am not. The only ones who know are them." Kyle read aloud.

     "Them?"Kenny asked.

     "What does yours say?" Kyle asked me.

     I unfolded the sheet of paper I'd pulled from the envelope. "It's a list of names," I answered. "Stan, Caci, Butters, and Jon."

     "Is that all?" Kenny asked.

      I flipped the paper over to check the back, finding nothing. "Yeah, there's nothing else."

    "Wait a second..." Kyle said. "Them... I think it means the people you just said."

     "Stan, Caci, Butters, and Jon?" I asked, reading them off again.

     "Yeah."

     "Okay, but what about them?" Kenny asked.

     "Well..." Kyle said. "Let's think about it. We know two of the people on that list are MIA at the moment, but what about the other two?"

     "I can head to Jon's house and see if he's there. He told he was going to visit her parents when we landed."

     "Couldn't you just text him?"

     "He never answers his phone."

     "Alright, Kenny and I will try and track down Butters." Kyle's crappy webcam might have had the worst quality possible, but I could tell Kenny didn't like that plan. His shoulders had tensed, and his gaze was focused straight down. Kyle seemed to notice. "Dude, I get you've still got hang-ups about him, but, in case you hadn't realized, now isn't the time! Two of the people are missing, and I'm willing to bet you Butters is the same!"

     "But what if his parents are home! They'll f*cking kill me if I take a step inside their house!"

     "They're out of town, dude! My mom told me about it this morning!"

     "Fine," Kenny sighed. "I'll go with you."

     "Are we good?" I asked.

     "Yeah," Kyle answered. "Let us know if you find anything, and we'll do the same."

     "Will do," I said, pushing my chair away from the desk I'd been sitting at and standing up.

     "Bye!" Kyle called, ending our FaceTime call soon after.

     I grabbed the keys to the rental car I'd been given and slid a room key into my back pocket. There was a loud knock at the door that I hadn't expected

     I pulled open the door to find our new security guard. "Anything on Caci?"

     Crap. I'd completely forgotten about Paul. "No," I replied. "I was actually on my way to see Jon."

     "But what about Caci?"

     I sighed, "Paul, I know that we haven't known each other for long, and that this is going to sound weird, but something supernatural is going on."

     "What do you mean?"

     "The son of Satan is involved."

     "What??" He asked, looking at me like I'd just gone clinically insane. "That is the most-"

     "I know!" I interrupted. "I warned you that it was going to be weird."

     Paul sighed, "So let's say that this supposed son of Satan is involved-"