Chapter 49- Kade

The sky outside was a dark, murky gray as it poured rain outside, yet Chasiti insisted we go out. Just the two of us, no one else.

     "But why? It's pouring out." I said.

     "We're just headed to Wal-mart to pick up some stuff. It won't take long." She replied.

     "Alright, but you're driving."

     "I was planning on it." She smiled, grabbing her keys.

    I headed out the door behind her, pulling it closed behind me. Wait a second, we're at our apartment in South Park. Last time I checked, we were in Nashville for our mini Christmas tour. That's weird. Why are we back here?

     We climbed into her car and went off towards Wal-Mart. "So, how're you and Stan?"

     "Doesn't really matter," She replied. "How're you and Craig?"

    "Well, we've been texting a little since we left. Speaking of leaving, we left South Park. How are we magically back here all of the sudden?" I answered.

    "What do you mean?"

    "We're not supposed to be here, Chasiti! We're supposed to be in Nashville! I'm supposed to be at my house with my family right now! I don't understand why we're both here!!!"

     "I have no idea what you're talking about Kade. You must be insane."

    "What??" I screamed. "What about that whole conversation you and I had on the plane about you not wanting to leave Caci alone at the hotel? Where I told you that you need to back off some before Caci gets annoyed of you hovering over every second of the day. What happened to that??"

    She shrugged, "I said I don't know what you're talking about."

    "That's impossible!"

    "Is it really, Kade?" She asked, jerking her head towards me with a creepy smile.

    "Yes, yes it is." I nervously swallowed. I watched as the car began to slowly drift over into the other lane. "You uh... might want to keep your eyes on the road."

     "We'll be fine." She chuckled as we continued down the road.

     "Uh Chasiti, I really don't think..."

     "SHUT UP!!!" She yelled, jerking the car into the right turn we had to make.

     "CHASITI!! WHAT THE H*LL ARE YOU DOING???" I screamed as I slammed against the door. "The speed limit is 35! WHY THE F*CK ARE YOU GOING 60?!?!"

   She pulled that same creepy laugh. "Because I can Kade. Haven't you noticed by now? There's no one else out right now. The streets are completely empty."

   "That doesn't mean you can drive like a maniac! What if the police show up??" We were quickly approaching a red light. Oh thank God, now she'll be forced to stop...or at least that's what I thought.

   "They won't. Trust me." She replied as we neared the intersection. The light was clearly still red, but instead of doing what a rational and sane person would do, she floored it.

   My head smacked against the headrest as we shot forward. "LAST TIME I CHECKED A RED LIGHT DOESN'T MEAN HIT THE GAS!!!"

    She shrugged, "Technically speaking, white the color of the traffic light is completely up to interpretation. It's a lot like poetry. The way you interpret a poem may be completely different from the way I do."

    "What the h*ll is with your philosophical bulls*it??" I said as we sped down the street. "The LAW says you stop at a red light." She shrugged again as we continued barreling down the street at 90 miles an hour. "For the love of f*ck, can you at least slow the car down??"