Chapter 30- Chasiti

Tuesday, after school...

     Stan had texted me that he wanted to see me, so I drove myself over to his house. I knocked on his front door.

    The door opened almost immediately, like he was waiting right behind the door. "Hey Chasiti, thanks for coming over." He stepped out of the way and let me walk in.

   "Did you need something?" I asked as we both sat down on the living room couch.

   "Not really, I just wanted to talk to you." He replied. "You didn't have something planned for today, did you?"

   "My friends and I have a meeting with our manager at five." I said.

   "Manager for what?" Stan asked.

   "My friends and I are in a band. Our manager suggested we move to Colorado to record new music, but we haven't so we're probably in trouble or something. They'll just have to deal with it though. We haven't found a place to rehearse." I answered.

    "Wow! My crush is in a band! That's awesome!!" He exclaimed.

    "Crush?" I asked.

    He winked, "You know you love me."

   I rolled my eyes, "How about no."

  He scooted closer to me and nudged my shoulder, "How about yes."

  "Whatever." I said.

   "Anyways, " He said, backing up to his original position. "Would you mind coming to the park with me tomorrow after school?"

   "Sure, Stan." I answered.

   He wrapped his arms underneath my arms and hugged me. "Thank you. I need something to take my mind off of all of the s**t that's been going on. It's insane."

   "I understand." I replied.

   "By the way, there's this place called U-Store-It in town. You should see if they'll let you rehearse there.

   "We'll head down there and ask after the meeting and ask." I slid my phone partly of of my pocket and checked the time. 4:37. "I should probably get going. Our manager is one of those people that like to start meetings right at five."

   "Okay." He said, walking me to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow, Chasiti."

   "See you then, Stan." I replied, walking out the door and to my car.

*****

     I parked my car my usual parking space below our apartment and went up the stairwell, knocking on the door since the others would have been home.

    Caci let me in. "Is she here yet?" I asked.

   "No, but she'll be here in a few minutes." She replied.

   "Is manager b***h here yet?" Kade asked, sitting on the couch.

   "Kade, don't say that. We're lucky someone in Tennessee wanted to sign us in the first place." Caci scolded.

   I sat down on our love seat with Caci next to me. "So? She hasn't done anything! We signed with her last year! She didn't even suggest we move here, that was the company she works for."

    "Exactly!" Kade said, "She hasn't done s**t but steal money from the gigs we've had to book ourselves!"

    "Oh right. How did I forget how awful she is?" Caci asked.