Chapter 16-Caci

I was sitting next to Kyle, across from Stan and Chasiti, in a Mexican restaurant downtown. Kyle was still in a sour mood from having his hat thrown in the fountain. He and Stan were being childish and giving each other the silent treatment.

       My phone buzzed from my purse. I slid it out. It was a text from Chasiti. "How should we get them talking again?" I looked at her across the table. She gestured for me to look back down, acting as if she hadn't texted me to the boys. 

     "Why don't we go to the bathroom together and leave them here?" I texted back.

      Chasiti looked down at her phone and texted back. "Ok."

      "I'll call you and leave my phone here so we can here them." I sent.

       I dialed her number, and she answered before her ringtone came on. I placed my phone behind the napkin dispenser, and put it on speakerphone.

      "Hey, Kyle could you let me out for a second?" I asked.

      "Sure." He stood up and waited for me to go past him.

      "I'm going too, Stan." Chasiti announced.

       Stan stood up and let her slip by. He and Kyle made no eye contact even though they were standing directly across from them. "Where are you going?" 

       "The bathroom." I replied. Stan sat back down.

      Kyle was still standing. "I'll go find a waiter to ask for chips." 

      He was about to walk off when I placed a hand up to his chest. "Just sit down, we'll be right back." Kyle sighed and sat back down. "Try not to tear each other apart while we're gone."
Chasiti and I walked to the bathroom and locked ourselves into the giant stall with the baby changing table. "Is the call still going?" I whispered.

      "Yeah." Chasiti replied.

       I pulled down the changing table and boosted myself up on it to sit down. 

      "Really?" Chasiti asked.

      "What? I'm light enough, so it's not going to break." I answered. 

       Chasiti placed her phone down next to me, and she stood next to the table. 

      Suddenly, I heard Kyle's voice come from over the phone. "Are we really going to sit here until they get back?" 

      Stan sighed, "No."

       Kyle laughed, "Good, we were being really childish."

       "Yeah." Stan chuckled. "Look Kyle, I'm sorry for throwing your hat into the fountain. It was uncalled for."

       "Extremely uncalled for." Kyle replied. There was a pause. I imagined Stan glaring at Kyle when he said that. "Anyways, I apologize for getting revenge. I sorry for being a big idiot." 

       "Emphasis on big." Stan joked.

       "Shut up dude." Kyle laughed.

       I raised my hand to high-five Chasiti. She gave me a weird look and punched my hand. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, we did it." 

      "CACI?!???" I heard Kyle ask.

       "Crap..." I muttered. "Hi Kyle."

       I heard the sound of my phone bumping against something. I assumed they'd found it. 

        "Have you been spying on us?" Stan asked.

        "No..." I answered. 

        Chasiti elbowed me. "You're such a terrible liar." She whispered to me. She moved the phone to her face to speak to it. "Maybe, we were spying on you but at least you guys made up. See you back out there." She hung up the phone and dragged me out of the bathroom. We walked back to the table and sat down. 

        A few minutes later, a Hispanic boy around our age came and set down our food. "Thanks David." Stan told him.

        "You know him?" I asked.

        "Yeah, he goes to our school. This is his family's restaurant. They've actually gotten really busy since they started giving all their Yelp reviewers special treatment." Kyle replied.

        I thought about the Yelp episode. "Do guys actually know what they're special treatment is?" I asked.

         "No, do you?" Stan answered.

        "No, I was just wondering since he is your friend." I said.

        "Cartman said they get food out to him really fast but it always seems gooey and more salty. Apparently, they have this secret recipe sauce they use on Yelpers food." Kyle exclaimed.

      "Really?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

       "Yeah, apparently they also use this really weird tasting guacamole, but it tastes good according to Cartman." Stan answered, digging into his food.

AN: Thanks for reading!!