Chapter 25- Caci

Wednesday, after Stan's performance...

     I packed the folding chair into the trunk of my car, slamming it closed when I was finished. Chasiti and Stan walked out of the building hand in hand. Chasiti whispered something into Stan's ear. He nodded and released her hand. 

     She walked over to me. "Were you there for the guy's performance?" 

     "Yeah, I was. I was in charge of the curtain." I answered. 

     "We're going dress shopping later." She exclaimed, "I'll see you at home in a couple minutes." She hurried back over to Stan. 

     I was about to open the driver's side door of my car, when a familiar voice came from behind me. "Here, let me." Kyle said. He opened the door for me.

     "Thanks." I exclaimed. 

     "I actually had something to ask you." He stated.

     "Go ahead." I encouraged, anticipating the question I knew he would ask. 

      His words came out fast and jumbled. "WillyougotoHomwcomingwithme?" 

     "Yes." I replied.

     "Wait, seriously?" He wrapped his arms around me in a hug. "I thought you'd say no."

"Why would I say no to you, Kyle?" I asked. 

"I was just nervous, I guess." He replied with a shrug. "Maybe I should do what Stan suggested."

"What did Stan suggest?" I asked as Kyle took hold of both of my hands. 

"He told me to grow a pair and ask you to be my girlfriend. So will you?" He said, surprisingly calmly.

"Of course Kyle, you're an amazing guy." I replied.

     A wide grin spread across his face as he placed a hand gently on the back of my head and pressed his lips to mine. My eyes fluttered closed on instinct, and I kissed back.

      We pulled apart, and I opened my eyes. Kyle had a shocked and bashful look on his face. "I am so sorry, I don't know why I did that!! I'm such an impulsive little s**t!!"

     I laughed and placed a consoling hand on his shoulder. "It's fine, Kyle."

     "So you wouldn't mind if I did it again?" He asked tentatively. 

     "No, I definitely wouldn't." I replied. Kyle didn't waste a second before reconnecting our lips.

     "Gross, PDA!" Kenny shouted.

     We split apart. "Kenny, I've literally  seen you stick your entire tongue down Butters's  throat. You can shut up." Kyle retorted.

     "You totally enjoyed the view." Kenny said as he attempted to flip his fringe of hair.

     Chasiti ran forward and grabbed my arm, pushing me into the car. "We're going dress shopping. Text Kade, we're headed to pick her up." 

     I rolled down my window. "I'll see you around, Kyle."

*****

Late Friday evening~ Just before the dance

     We, surprisingly, found good dresses given the time.